Question about postage time..

On the 27th of last month I purchased a CD.. When it was still not marked as posted by the 31st I thought I would look at the listing as it was quite unusual to not have been posted by now..

I saw on the listing that they had a postage time of 10 days after cleared payment..

I know it was up to me to read the postage time before buying, but do I have any right to mark down their postage stars, or would that be rude considering it was in the listing?

You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means
Message 1 of 23
Latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Has the seller offered any explanation in their listing why is it taking so long?  I do not think 10 days is acceptable, but sympathise with people who may live 100km from nearest PO, or disabled people who depend on somebody to take their parcels to be posted maybe about once a week.

In any case, just because it is not marked as posted, does not mean it is not; some people never mark their posted items.  And it is also possible that the seller just ticked the 10 days because it was the last option and did not give it a second thought.

i would wait and see.

In any case the stars are for "how fast the seller posted"  not did they post when they said they would, although if they put 10 days in TOS and post say in 5, then i guess I would be counting my blessings. :).

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: โ€œThose Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocitiesโ€ .
Message 2 of 23
Latest reply

They have 10 days in the Postage section of the listing, but not in the actual description and there was no explanation as to why it takes so long..

The only thing I can think of is that eventhough the name is listed as Borders Australia, the CD is coming from Florida, so maybe they have to order it first, and then send it out.

Message 3 of 23
Latest reply

I just spotted this in their TOS: We ask that you please allow up to 45 days for delivery before contacting us to request a refund or replacement order.

Funny that they ask you to wait 45 days before requesting a refund, when that is when the window for a dispute closes..

Message 4 of 23
Latest reply

Like super_nova said, some sellers never mark their items as posted. This happened to me recently and it was still posted and received in good time, so I gave them 5 stars for postage. Sometimes you just have to have faith but there is always the 45 day PayPal protection.

Message 5 of 23
Latest reply

I just spotted this in their TOS: We ask that you please allow up to 45 days for delivery before contacting us to request a refund or replacement order.

Funny that they ask you to wait 45 days before requesting a refund, when that is when the window for a dispute closes..

Correct me if I'm wrong but that seems like one of the unenforcable things a seller can say in their listing. Even if it is enforcable, they asked you... so, it was not something you were binded to agree with as part of the transaction.

Message 6 of 23
Latest reply

Sellers don't currently have to state a reason for a longer than 3 day handling time, but if memory serves they will before the end of the year. (Personally I don't really care what the reasons are, just as long as I can see up-front).

Personally, I would not mark down if it was within their stated handling time, despite if I was annoyed I only checked after I purchased. Not saying I'd give a 5, but there's no way I'd give a 1 or 2.

Message 7 of 23
Latest reply

Yes, that 45 days thing is funny. I wouldn't wait until you are not protected by PayPal any more. As I have posted in another thread, the seller of an item I have bought and still waiting for asks to wait 60 days if buyers live overseas, but obviously I won't wait that long because of PayPal. Maybe considering sometimes delivery times are unreliable PayPal could extend their deadline a bit.

Message 8 of 23
Latest reply

Hi patch, I would be definitely be keeping an eye on the dates for paypal claim, but then I don't need to tell you that. 10 days is a long time to 'prepare' an item for the post IMO, but guess if it is in the listing at least they have been open about it.  I am going to help you out no end with your query - how to rate the postage stars.....up to you, hee  hee ๐Ÿ˜‰

don't take life too seriously.......it's not permanent
Message 9 of 23
Latest reply

sparkes9669
Community Member

Hey patch is thsi for the status quo cd?  If so I think the seller is like an agent for others so 10 days may be reasonable. After all they do have almost half a million items on ebay ๐Ÿ˜ฎ .... might take a day or two to find where they put it...:)

Message 10 of 23
Latest reply