Question on tracking

Hi

I have purchased a week ago & the seller gave me a tracking number & marked it as sent.  However on the AP site under the number it doesn't show it as "accepted" let alone "in transit".

What do you think is going on? If he has posted it & obtained a tracking number surely it should register as accepted by AP.

Since purchasing the seller has received a lot of negs for not receiving items.

He does have on his listing: 
"To my knowledge Australia Post has a delay of an addition 4 days on most parcels so please be kind when leaving feedback considering that my location i use this service due to inaccessibility to a PO."  The seller is somewhere in Victoria.

So has he posted it?

i'm happy to wait but am wondering what the go with the tracking & whether he has posted it? (And yes I have tried to contact him, but with no response as yet)

Thanks

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Question on tracking

That would tend to indicate he posted in a red box, which means the first tracking event may well be the delivery scan. A red satchel has a tracking number, so that could be the reason he has given you the number, but it is not registering any events.

Message 2 of 19
Latest reply

Question on tracking

Thanks, that makes sense!

So I guess if he is in an isolated place a package could be sitting in a red box for a while awaiting pick up?

Message 3 of 19
Latest reply

Question on tracking

If they are in an isolated place the red box may only be emptied once a week. Then it's possible it sits at the PO for another few days. If they have bad weather and are flooded in, then it could sit there longer if the truck or plane can't get in to pick it up.

Message 4 of 19
Latest reply

Question on tracking

Yes, if you hand the item over the counter at a Post Office and have it scanned in, it's trackable from that point one. If it was placed in a red postbox (as seems to be the case from the notice on his listing), very often the the first notification you'll get is after the item is actually in your hand.

A week isn't really excessive, and eBay's estimated delivery times are more ambit claims than anything reliable - I'd give it a couple more days...

Message 5 of 19
Latest reply

Question on tracking

My only concern is they are plant bulbs, so the thought of them baking for a week in a red box.....☹️

Message 6 of 19
Latest reply

Question on tracking

Then they shouldn't be selling plants IMO

I wouldn't be too happy about it either.

Message 7 of 19
Latest reply

Question on tracking

They may not be posted in a red box at all. They might just live in a rural area where postage takes a bit longer to get to a major centre. If they live out of town and their postie picks up their parcels on their delivery run, they may not get scanned in when they arrive at the post office.

At least if you don't receive them and there's no tracking events you can get your money back, which would be better than them sitting somewhere baking in a hot letterbox and you not knowing they won't grow until it's too late.

Message 8 of 19
Latest reply

Question on tracking

If the parcel went via Chullora I wouldn't be holding my breath. One of my buyers in Sydney received their parcel today. 13 days after I sent it from Dubbo (normally overnight or 2 days tops). It spent 10 days at Chullora. 

I am waiting for a parcel that has had 8 scans in the last 2 weeks, all at Chullora. It seems to be stuck on a roundabout. 

Message 9 of 19
Latest reply

Question on tracking

I found posting from north east post office in dubbo to be best Tippy

*we may be human, but we are still animals*
Message 10 of 19
Latest reply