Question re part delivery of order

Just a question to get things right in my head. My purchase gave est. delivery 1st December. There are 4 boxes as part of the one order and I received 2 of these boxes Friday 5th December. I have been in constant touch with the seller as I told him I required the items by the end of next week and he has answered promptly. I have been very happy with the way the seller has provided information when I ask. (he even offered me a discount for not being delivered by estimated Delivery date – which I will decline as I believe it is just an Aust Post issue) My question is: What date does any claim or time to leave feedback start from? Is it from the estimated delivery date, first part of order delivered or when order is completely received? Thank you for your time
Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Question re part delivery of order

plenty of time - all counting starts with the date of your purchase

buyers now have 180 days from payment to file a PayPal Purchase Protection dispute

60 days for feedback

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Same thing just happened to me also, two cartons, one larger, one small, both on the same tracking number. The smaller package arrived yesterday, Friday, the larger still outstanding. Obviously Aust post issue as both were sent together from the seller. The larger one is still only 2 kg, so well under the weight limit, and just under a metre in length, so that all fits Aust post limits. If not here tomm, will be on the blower.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Sorry, meant to say Mon.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

aust post get your mail to you 99% of the time but noone knows how. cases like this one make you think do they send parcels on seperate trucks in opposit directions just for fun.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Thank you for your help. Much appreciated
Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

I need your help again. I have now received the whole order but one of the items is faulty. What is the best way to approach this. Should I contact the seller and ask them to send a replacement? If they want the faulty item back, who pays postage? Who pays postage on the replacement? If I lodge a claim would I have to send all 4 parcels back to them and who pay the postage? I read these boards often but am totally confused (as others seem to be) about how to claim, who to claim from and who pays what. Thanks for any advice.
Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

First step, contact your seller.   Explain the problem and wait to see what he says.    Good sellers will have a return policy in place, and will be able to advise you what to do.

If you don't like the seller's answer, come back to these boards and someone will advise you.

The seller will appreciate you contacting them without choosing "item not as described" button which gives an automatic defect to the seller without giving them a chance to fix the problem.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply