Re item i brought

Hi i brought some solar panel cables i paid for them straight away its been nearly a month and nothing turned up i contacted the postoffice and they said it hasn't been sent so i contacted seller they said they will refund me if i don't put in Neg feedback i said i just want my money back they keep saying if i dont leave neg feed back they have been stringing it on so then i cant leave feedback

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re item i brought

Please read up about opening a dispute.

If they haven't turned up, open a case for "Not Received".

This doesn't need to be a discussion with the seller, let alone a seller who is stringing you along. The only way to get a refund is by making it formal through a case/dispute. You do have a limited time to do so though.

If you are out of time to open the case with Ebay, then you have 180 days in Paypal.

Do not close the case until you have a refund.

Where was the seller located/registered and did you check their feedback before purchasing?

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

Re item i brought

Birch, you have been on eBay long enough to know how it works.

Open a case for INR.

image host
Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

Re item i brought

What does the tracking say?

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

Re item i brought

Birch says the PO says the item has never been sent. So either the tracking number is fake or stuck at "shipping information received by Australia Post" (which only means the seller has a satchel with a tracking number at home).

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

Re item i brought

There is another scenario,  but lets see if birch comes back and answers the question

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

Re item i brought

@birch180 wrote:

i said i just want my money back they keep saying if i dont leave neg feed back 

This is called feedback extortion, and against eBay policy (not to mention completely unenforceable by the seller). 

If it's been so long you can't leave feedback, it might also be too late to open an eBay case, but if you paid with PayPal you likely can open a case with them - and report the seller to eBay for FB extortion. 

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

Re item i brought

i opened a case i just got another message from the seller and said wait to see what ebay says as a case has opened up i said if you give my money back i will close it they said just wait it will very soon i wont be able to leave feed back i just checked again in Aus post tracking it says no tracking history

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

Re item i brought

@birch180 wrote:

i opened a case i just got another message from the seller and said wait to see what ebay says as a case has opened up i said if you give my money back i will close it they said just wait it will very soon

JMHO This is an odd response, all things considered - they could close it immediately themselves by refunding you, and any seller who doesn't even have a lodgement scan would not only automatically lose a case under normal circumstances, but they would get a damaging defect for not resolving the case themselves, so it's an extremely risky strategy for a seller to take unless they have confidence they can win a case.

If it is more than 30 days since the ETA has passed, they are probably banking on eBay closing it in their favour due to no longer being eligible for eBay's MBG; I recommend checking the dates and being prepared for that outcome if it has been that long. 

If you're not sure, it might even be worth hopping onto chat and pointing out that the package was never officially lodged, if that's what the tracking shows, and confirming that the transaction is still eligible. 

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

Re item i brought

every time i ask then nicely if i could have my money back they keep saying if i don't put neg feed back in  so i had to open a case but now they keep stringing it on so i don't get the MBG  every time i put  tracking number in it keeps coming up No tracking history here is a new message sent to me from the seller

We can see that eBay has upgraded case. Please wait until eBay's review results ok

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply