Re item i brought

Hi i brought some solar panel cables i paid for them straight away its been nearly a month and nothing turned up i contacted the postoffice and they said it hasn't been sent so i contacted seller they said they will refund me if i don't put in Neg feedback i said i just want my money back they keep saying if i dont leave neg feed back they have been stringing it on so then i cant leave feedback

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re item i brought

Giving feedback OR making a claim for money back is never dependent on doing what the seller asks or wants you to do. You're not at a seller's mercy.

Your mistake was to keep asking the seller for money back.

They obviously don't want to give a refund or they would have done so ages ago.

You say you have opened a case. I am not sure how it will go because it sounds as if you may be a bit outside ebay's time limits but it is worth doing as Digital ghost said and contacting ebay chat about this.

If the ebay claim does go ahead, keep an eye on it because if it is the same as it used to be, you have to finalise the claim after a few days, if the seller doesn't provide evidence of postage or arrival of the item etc

If you do get knocked back on the ebay claim because time has run out (which is no doubt what the seller is hoping for), then go into a paypal claim. You don't have to ask the seller for permission, just do it. Same deal there I think. You make the claim and confirm/finalise it a few days later. I know once when I made a paypal claim I had to wait a week in order for the seller to give a satisfactory reply. I am not sure if that is still the case.

A satisfactory reply is NOT, I will refund you later when you close this case. Or "I have just posted it so you can close it now". 

Unless you have the money or the goods, you press ahead with your claim for a refund.

Don't worry too much about missing out on giving feedback, although in this case it's a pity, I know, that the seller has dodged a negative.

You can do as digital ghost suggested though and report the seller to ebay for feedback extortion. Ask ebay to view the relevant messages. That's as good a revenge as bad feedback.

Message 11 of 13
Latest reply

Re item i brought

My wife went to postoffice again they said its a false tracking number because nothing shows up on there computer so the item was never sent they said and go to the police .how can ebay let them keep selling there feedback is appalling atleast over a dozen people brought off them but never received the item same as me they keep delaying the case by saying they have provided a tracking number , its a false tracking number .

Message 12 of 13
Latest reply

Re item i brought

@birch180 wrote:

how can ebay let them keep selling there feedback is appalling atleast over a dozen people brought off them but never received the item same as me they keep delaying the case by saying they have provided a tracking number , its a false tracking number .

So if their feedback is appalling, why did you buy from them.

Surely you checked,  and had red lights going off,  it's buyers like you that help the bad sellers keep their business model going.

Message 13 of 13
Latest reply