WHAT IS PITNEY BOWES

it debited in my account which i dont know what that is?

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

WHAT IS PITNEY BOWES

You will have bought an item which was shipped using the Global Shipping Program.

Pitney Bowes charges a separate fee for handling the customs paperwork and repackaging the item (in theory).

This charge is debited on its own, alongside the payment for the item and shipping cost.

You should be given a tracking number. When it says FEDKEB, it means you then track it on the Fedex site 🙂

There have been a number of threads regarding PB and the GSP. The service is very slow and expensive.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

WHAT IS PITNEY BOWES

melja-54
Community Member
My husband keeps getting charges from Pitney Bowes and has never bought from them we live in Australia and believe it is a internet scam
Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

WHAT IS PITNEY BOWES

@melja-54 wrote:
My husband keeps getting charges from Pitney Bowes and has never bought from them we live in Australia and believe it is a internet scam

not a scam.

Pitney Bowes is a logistics company.  They run the Global Shipping Program (GSP) which is a shipping method on some USA and UK eBay listings.  The payment for items using the GSP is split into two payments, one to the seller and one to Pitney Bowes.

The payment to the seller covers the item price + the domestic shipping to PB.

The payment to PB includes the GST payable on the item + the charges they charge for processing the exporting of the item to Australia + GST on top of their charges (it might appear as a single charge called “import charges).

Someone will be along to agree that the GSP is a scam . . . but that will just be their personal opinion and objection to the GSP without acknowledging that many items probably would not be avaialable for purchase from sellers in the USA and UK without the GSP.

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

WHAT IS PITNEY BOWES

@melja-54 wrote:

If you had read the reply to this 6 YEAR OLD thread, it would be apparent to you that Pitney Bowes is a shipping agent who work through the Global Shipping Program.

If your husband has bought from sellers in the UK or USA who use the GSP, then that is what the charges are for.

Please, in future don't drag up old threads, better to start your own thread.

EDIT. Snap SLR.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

WHAT IS PITNEY BOWES

@melja-54 wrote:

Hi melja-54. One thing yoiu can do to avoid exra charges is to ask a seller to please close the Auction or Buy -It-Now at relist using USPS First Class International or the UK equivalent. It will work out cheaper and more than likely quicker for you in the long run.

Most sellers are willing to do this and some sellers, many in fact have no idea that their items are going via the Pitney Bowe's GSP (Global Shipping Program). I'e had good success with sellers changing to normal AirMail post. I've been told by sellers who have had GSP in the past that their sales have gone up when they go back to normal post. Smiley Wink

NOTE: be aware that there can be confliscations without explanation by Pitney Bowes. One I've heard of was a an empty (Possibly vintage) motorcycle petrol tank. Another was a sword. And another an electric guitar. Smiley Sad Usually these all sail through customs.

Anyway, good luck Smiley Happy to you and your husband with future buys.

BTW: I have had stuff sent from the US via economy which is even less than a 3rd the price of USPS FIrst Class International service and it's arrived in about 2 weeks or so. Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

WHAT IS PITNEY BOWES

Someone will be along to agree that the GSP is a scam . . . 

Like clockwork

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

WHAT IS PITNEY BOWES

I understand what Pitney Bowes is but I'm not sure why I'm being charged by them.

I live in Italy, the seller is in the UK and has no idea who PB are or what they do.  As far as I know, as of May 20 nothing has changed between the EU and UK until the trade deal has been agreed.  So why would the shipper need paperwork for exporting?

The seller is going to send by Royal Mail at what point do PB get involved if at all?

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

WHAT IS PITNEY BOWES

Global shipping is used by sellers in the UK too so that is why you are seeing PB mentioned.

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

WHAT IS PITNEY BOWES

Here from DankPods

Never use the global shipping progam as they opened a sealed ipod and actually broke my phone that I got

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply