Received item I did not buy!

Hello,

I am in Sydney.

Today I received a parcel of items I did not buy. The parcel came from China.

There is nothing in the package except some heart-shaped crystals.

There is a sender sticker on the parcel. It says the sender's name is <removed for privacy>. (Yes, for real!)

I thought maybe I had been sent incorrect items from a seller I'd ordered from. But this is not the case. I checked, and none of the sellers have this name.

What should I do about this?! is it a scam?

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Do you have any outstanding purchases from any sellers in China?

All you can do is find out which seller has sent the wrong items by a process of elimination.

Have you tried matching the parcel up with a seller's location.....by that I mean matching the sender's address rather than their name as most of them have their real names on the packages rather than their ebay ID.

Obviously you paid with paypal so just make sure you fo not let the time run out for a dispute....you have 45 days.

Message 2 of 16
Latest reply

Hiya,i got a parcel from that person last week,think it was an snake earring cuff from eBay seller called <removed>.worldwide.Look in your purchase history for the item,probably from 2 weeks ago or so

Message 3 of 16
Latest reply

Hello again.

Thanks for your replies.

I checked all those things before posting here. I'm not a big buyer on eBay; only have two purchases awaiting delivery. So it was not hard to rule out those two sellers.

I definitely did not buy anything from this person, <removed for privacy>.

Perhaps it is a glitch of some kind. I don't mind if it's a glitch. I just don't like the idea that this person has my address details, when I haven't bought anything from him/her.

Confused!

Message 4 of 16
Latest reply

Silly question, Snookie: but did you order the cuff, or did it just turn up out of the blue?

Message 5 of 16
Latest reply

Oops! Sookie, not Snookie. Sorry!

Message 6 of 16
Latest reply

And another PS: I am the original poster. Logged in under a different ID. Sorry about that too.

Message 7 of 16
Latest reply

Is the item addressed to you and the post man has wrongly delivered it?

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 8 of 16
Latest reply

Yep. My name, correct address.

Message 9 of 16
Latest reply

well then, I guess the next question is, do you like what you got? LOL

Now, this might be the alarmist in me, and maybe I like Criminal Law more than most, but, in the back of my mind, is this maybe a test run to see if future packages will be received? sort of testing the waters kinda thing?

As a precaution, I am wondering if a visit to the police station is in order, just so that something is on record.

Is it possible the crystals themselves have some kind of value and the real intended recipient will "be along later to collect them" sort of thing?

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 10 of 16
Latest reply