Recieving a item not as listed

I recently bought a particular item, and had been looking for for a while, a Blue Vinyl recording, as it was advertised, on recieveing the item it was just the standard black.

On contacting the seller they offered for me to return, or they would give me a $10.00 refund, i was shocked to say the least no apology for incorrect item, so i opened a querey with Ebay, i heard nothing apart from the seller contacting me again saying they were happy i accepted the $10.00 refund and supply details ???

I have now tried to check with ebay again but my case is closed ???? what is the point and the company i bought from is still advertising the same item ??? how does that work, i thought buyers were protected, as well as sellers but it seems its just open slather, if you can get away with something have a go....

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

If it is the seller you left the negative for you have left it way too long so can not do much about it now.

You needed to go back to the case opened and get eBay to escalate because the seller did not respond, because you ddn't do that in the time allowed, eBay closed in favour of the seller .

Read here for next time:

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/policies/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy/ebay-money-back-guarantee-pol...

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

If it is the neg from the last 6 months and you didn't receive the $10 refund or anything else, then you can probably still make a claim on paypal. You only have a month with ebay but 180 days with paypal. Make sure you don't just open a claim then leave it hanging though, you have to finalise that too within a few days.

When the seller contacted you though, they did offer to let you return it. You should have accepted that offer and asked them to provide a postage return label to post it back with tracking. They could have done this as they are based in Australia. Then you could have posted it off with no expense to yourself and received a full refund.

It's no use just opening a query with ebay. If by that, you mean opening a claim, then Katistrophic is right and you needed to escalate that claim and ebay would have then refunded you.

As for shock at no apology. Don't let that part worry you too much as some people are just brief with messages. They offered a partial refund or return, that was the main thing.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply