Reducing shipping cost

I have asked a lot of sellers for a reduced shipping cost but always get the same answer "that is the set cost and I cannot lower it".
Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Reducing shipping cost

Hi Michelle,

I too question shipping costs if they seem to be extraordinarily high or unrealistic. I will just send the seller a polite PM asking them if there is a chance that they made a mistake when listing as $15.15 (for example) does seem a bit high to send a 500g satchel. (example only).

If they stick to their guns, then I just have to weigh up if the overall cost of the item (post plus product) is worth the expense of getting and owning the item.

Just like in a real store where you only see the one price without all of the other costs detailed that go into making that product available for you to buy.

As said above, incidence such as these where the postage costs are artificially infalted with the intent to either circumvent eBay fees or make their lower starting price seem more appealing, should decrease from May 7.

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Reducing shipping cost

If you don't like the cost then don't buy. You seem to have a awful lot of problems buying on ebay and with sellers. Are you just very hard to please?

Soon you won't be able to see shipping cost as it will be built into the price

Message 2 of 18
Latest reply

Reducing shipping cost

Hi Michelle,

I too question shipping costs if they seem to be extraordinarily high or unrealistic. I will just send the seller a polite PM asking them if there is a chance that they made a mistake when listing as $15.15 (for example) does seem a bit high to send a 500g satchel. (example only).

If they stick to their guns, then I just have to weigh up if the overall cost of the item (post plus product) is worth the expense of getting and owning the item.

Just like in a real store where you only see the one price without all of the other costs detailed that go into making that product available for you to buy.

As said above, incidence such as these where the postage costs are artificially infalted with the intent to either circumvent eBay fees or make their lower starting price seem more appealing, should decrease from May 7.

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 3 of 18
Latest reply

Reducing shipping cost

hi Michelle,

the majority of sellers are only charging what the actual cost of postage is, and postage is not cheap, The sellers don't get postage for free or anything like that

Message 4 of 18
Latest reply

Reducing shipping cost

debra9275:  hi Michelle,   the majority of sellers are only charging what the actual cost of postage is, and postage is not cheap, The sellers don't get postage for free or anything like that

I agree - most sellers only charge the actual postage.   I am not surprised you are getting a short answer - it is a very stressful time for some sellers at the moment with the prospect of new fees coming in.   Postage can be quite expensive for Australian sellers.   You can always check the prices yourself, if you have some idea of the size and weight, at http://auspost.com.au/apps/postage-calculator.html

And of course you can consider combined postage - if you want to buy multiple items from a seller, email the seller and ask what their combined postage will be and you will be pleasantly suprised.     Now is the time, as combined postage discounts look like history after 12 May.

Message 5 of 18
Latest reply

Reducing shipping cost

maybe they are saying that because they are just charging what australia post charges?

Message 6 of 18
Latest reply

Reducing shipping cost

@michellebartley wrote:
I have asked a lot of sellers for a reduced shipping cost but always get the same answer "that is the set cost and I cannot lower it".

you would get a different reply from me michelle,  I would simply reply with "No".  Why use more words than necessary?

Message 7 of 18
Latest reply

Reducing shipping cost

Some people seem to only attract bad sellers. You would think they would not bother anymore. Or connect the dots.

Message 8 of 18
Latest reply

Reducing shipping cost

Maybe michelle is referring to USA's GSP?

If so,please take a number

Message 9 of 18
Latest reply

Reducing shipping cost

I doubt it.

Message 10 of 18
Latest reply