Refund case

shellct
Community Member

I purchased an ornament which was 'not as advertised' and requested a refund from the seller via Ebay. I posted it back the same day after receiving it (in the same envelope it was posted in). As the stamps had not been franked I used them as return postage. I did not attach tracking details with the item as I didn't realise I had to. This was on 22/10/22.

I'm now following up with the seller regarding the refund and they keep saying "refer to the the case you opened up with Ebay'. I don't know what this means and after scouring through Ebay correspondence and messages, cannot find anything that sheds light. 

Can someone pls point me in the right direction.

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Refund case

You've been a member for almost 20 years and still don't know how to open a case/dispute?

The seller has zero interest in helping you as you have not used any of the tools which Ebay provides.

All you had to do was open a case for Item Not as Described, and the seller would have either had to refund you or send you a return tracked label if they wanted it back.

Open a dispute right now and stop communicating with the seller. Just see what happens, even though you don't have the item any more.

I am seriously astonished by the number of people who have appeared never to have read the Ebay guide on what to do when things go wrong.

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Refund case

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Returning it with the same tracking number will show it was delivered to your address, not the seller's.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply