Refuse Package as Seller tells me?

mon-8826
Community Member

So, it’s a long story, but it ended with me buying 2 slightly different versions of the same product because I got confused.

The seller has already sent both items so was unable to cancel the one I didn’t mean to buy, they’ve told me to refuse the package and they will refund me.

My question is - Should I trust their word and refuse the package? Or return it? 
(I’ve already spent quite a bit, and they don’t pay for return fees).

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Refuse Package as Seller tells me?

This is also true! They are both tracked & I know which numbers are which 🙂

Message 11 of 13
Latest reply

Just a general question. These days (at least where I live) packages are left at the door, tracked or not. The postie or delivery person rings the bell and leaves it, they are driving away by the time we get to the door most of the time.

How do you refuse a package like that? Surely you can't just go back to the PO and say no, I don't want it, return to sender at no cost to me? Or can you?

Message 12 of 13
Latest reply

Good question, springy. I don't know for sure, but I think people should have the right to refuse a parcel even if they have to go back to the post office. There could be many reasons for a refusal, including being harassed by someone, like an ex. You can't block a sender like you would do with emails, so you should have the right to refuse a parcel you don't want I think, but I really don't know. 

I was once sent a replacement because an item had not arrived and when they sent the replacement they said if the first item arrives, just refuse it. It was a small item that would have fitted in the normal mailbox. The first one never arrived, but the concept was to just write "return to sender" on the unopened envelope and put it in a red mailbox. As I said, I didn't have to do it because the original item never arrived. Maybe someone who really did something like that can share their experience here. 

Message 13 of 13
Latest reply