Refuse Package as Seller tells me?

mon-8826
Community Member

So, it’s a long story, but it ended with me buying 2 slightly different versions of the same product because I got confused.

The seller has already sent both items so was unable to cancel the one I didn’t mean to buy, they’ve told me to refuse the package and they will refund me.

My question is - Should I trust their word and refuse the package? Or return it? 
(I’ve already spent quite a bit, and they don’t pay for return fees).

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

What is the sellers feedback like?

Is it a domestic delivery, or coming from China? (You can tell by looking where the seller is REGISTERED).

The seller is in no way obliged to refund you for your confusion, so it will depend entirely on their goodwill and also on the factors mentioned above.

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

The package is sent from NSW Australia (which is where I am situated) but the Seller is in HongKong.

They have been very understanding and patient so far - They had already cancelled & refunded another order beforehand (the situation was really a mess on my end).

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

Is the package tracked?

If you refuse it *without opening it*, it will be returned to the sender at no cost for you, so the sender should refund you. I hope for you that the return address is in Australia...

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

And how will you know which is the 'wrong' package without opening?

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

I was wondering the same, but from what I understand the OP has bought two similar items (just slightly different), and not really a wrong item and a right one...

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

Wrong" as in...... 'that's the one I don't want'

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

Well, yes, they might accept the one they like less (that's a risk), but maybe it is better than paying twice. Or maybe they can look at the trackings.

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

I could not edit my reply any more... I mean, the tracking numbers identify the items.

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

I ordered the wrong package first so it is due to be delivered before the correct one 🙂

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply