Report MULTIPLE items that were not received.

I got 7 different items on the one order from the same seller that went missing..

Whenever I click on the main order ro report it, it only brings up and lists the first item !

How the heck do you get the system to simply make a list if all the items in your order in the message ?

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Report MULTIPLE items that were not received.

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Were all the items paid for on the one invoice or were they paid seperately?

If the one invoice they should all show in the dispute.   If they were all paid individually you will have to open a dispute for each item.

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

They were on the one invoice and in the same box together under my "orders"..

And I clicked the box that should cover the lot.

But in the messages only the FIRST item shows..

The seller has offered to refund, but he probably thinks it is for just the one item..

It seems that something that should be easy has been made awfully hard.Cat Frustrated

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Also if I do click on another item in the same invoice and select "I did not receive the item",

It promply brings up a whole stack of pictures of stuff I bought from the last few months..

**bleep** !.... I mean I just indicated what item I didn't receive...It's a worry..

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Just a thought....are you doing an ebay or a paypal dispute?

It sounds to me as though you may be doing an ebay dispute and I don't know how that works.  I was talking about a paypal dispute which is a lot easier to do for Item not received.

Unfortunately you cannot change from ebay to paypal.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

It's just an eBay dispute.

It does not appear that PayPal handle this sort of thing now, at least not initially (no contacr PayPal option)

Looks like eBay needs to get a few bugs ironed out !

Thanks for your help, lyndal!

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

To obtain the seller's full co-operation, why not just make a list of what's missing and send him an ordinary email using the "contact seller" option.

I'm sure the seller will work with  you to either find your items or refund.

These days doing anything automated, like open a not received option etc gives the seller an automatic defect - so he would be looking at 7 defects without being given the chance to help.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

It does not appear that PayPal handle this sort of thing now, at least not initially (no contacr PayPal option)

To open a Paypal dispute you just log into Paypal and open the dispute from there although it is now too late as you cannot change from one type of dispute to another.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

If you haven't actually managed to open a dispute, as already mentioned, contact the seller first. 9 times out of 10 they seller will work with you and give you a refund without the need for opening a dispute (which with 7 defects could shut his account down). Of course if the seller ignores you, or flatly refuses to refund, then open a dispute.

How long ago were the items posted? Which state are you in and where were they coming from? At the moment, mail is frightfully slow getting to some states (3 weeks for me to send from rural NSW to Vic). If the seller asks you to wait another week, I would, especially if the fake estimate in the listing has just passed. (never take any notice of that estimate in the listing, eBay puts that there and more often than not it's wrong and it makes buyers worry).

If it still doesn't arrive, contact the seller again and let them know and chances are they will refund you without the need for a dispute. If they do end up arriving, it would be good to repay the seller.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply