Request for refund of money paid for an order which was not fulfilled because eBay apparently lost .

johsmaljoh
Community Member

This is to request a refund of money paid to eBay for an order which was not fulfilled because eBay apparently lost the order.

I don’t have the message from eBay confirming the order, but the money for the purchase was paid to eBay from my bank account on 29 January, and on 31 January eBay emailed me saying that the order was being sent. This message reads in part as follows:

The delivery has not arrived, nor have I received any response to emails that I sent eBay on 12 and 25 February about the non-delivery. And it seems to be impossible to contact REMOVED directly.

Now, checking my eBay account (after resetting my password) I find that eBay has no record of any activity in my account during the last 60 days.

So, I don’t have what I ordered, and eBay apparently doesn’t have a record of my order even though it emailed me on 31 January saying that the order was being sent. What eBay does have, however, unless my bank is lying, is the money withdrawn from my bank account on 29 January.

The item I ordered is not listed on the website now. Presumably REMOVED wasn’t notified of my order and sold the item to another customer. In any case, because the order can’t be fulfilled, I’d like eBay to refund the money I paid.

Sincerely,

John 

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Request for refund of money paid for an order which was not fulfilled because eBay apparently lost .

You didn't send money to ebay, you sent it to the seller. Ebay didn't post your item, the seller (supposedly) did. If the item isn't showing up in your purchase history, ebay have likely deleted it for a violation of some kind.

Did you try opening an item not received dispute? 

How exactly did you pay? You mention paying into a bank account. If that's what you did, you have lost your money, as there is no protection for bank deposits. 

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

To add to the excellent advice that has already been given

Why is it impossible to contact the seller?

They are still active on eBay, you can send a message to them there

You say they also have a website, you could contact them through that

You need to read up on the very basics of buying at least, from your post it does not seem you know what you are doing or how eBay works at all 

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

How have you tried to contact the seller? Have you gone to their profile? There is a Contact link (top right corner). As Sandy said, they are still active. Or did you try to contact them and they did not reply?

When you mention the money being withdrawn from your bank account, do you mean directly or through PayPal?

And... if you need to talk to eBay, go to the help page and scroll down to Contact Us, then go through all the options until the link to start live chat appears on the left.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Sounds like you have no idea how Ebay works. Have you ever read the Buyers Guidelines? When you purchase something, Ebay is only acting as the middleman between you and the seller.

Why did you pay via bank transfer? It is the least safe method of payment and does not fall under the Money Back Guarantee as Ebay has no way of verifying the transaction.

Or did you pay with Paypal, but fund from your bank account? If so, you have a better chance of recovering your money.

There are steps you can take to get your money back, but only if you paid with a safe method. You need to clarify if you paid directly to their bank account or via Paypal.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply