Resolve a problem option?

Hi All,

Anyone know what happened to the resolve a problem option on our purchased items? How I do I now go to the resolution centre and get a refund for items I haven't received? When I try to report an issue I keep getting the notice that because my item wasn't purchased on or after Nov 1st eBay can't help me. I thought PayPal covered us for 40 days but I'm getting an error there too!
Argh why'd they have to go and change things?

Thanks in advance to anyone who knows how to help

Alicia
Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: Resolve a problem option?

Even if that was the case, I'd still expect the OP to be able to lodge a dispute up to a certain point before it was rejected in the basis of the item being an ineligible item. My guess is a software glitch, something that's become so common lately that they no longer surprise me.
Message 11 of 17
Latest reply

@alicia89blue wrote:
Have done all of the above, as you can see I'm not new to eBay. It has been over 30 days since I purchased the item and have given the seller a week to respond to several emails and nothing.

I get this error message from PayPal:
Error Message
This transaction cannot be disputed. Please go to the eBay Resolution Centre to review the program details for information on what to do next.
If you paid for an item and haven't received it or there's something wrong with it, we're here to help. Enter your transaction ID to get started (it must be within 180 calendar days of payment).

Then when I go through eBay this:

Sorry. You can't open a request for this item.
View order details
eBay Money Back Guarantee only covers items purchased from 01 Nov, 2014.Try to resolve the issue with your seller. If you paid with PayPal you may be eligible for PayPal Buyer Protection.

So much for a simpler process ๐Ÿ˜ž others must be having these issues too.

Ring Paypal. 

An agent can manually open a case IF it fits the criteria for buyer protection and it is within the timeframe.

Message 12 of 17
Latest reply

eMBG really covers items that you bought from 11/01/14 on wards because that is the time that they went live. So the best thing that you can do is open a dispute through PayPal but you need to make sure that you are aware of their timelines;

You  only have 45 days from the date of the payment for you to be able to open a case.

Also after you open a case, you need to escalate it to a claim and you only have 20 days from the case was opened for you to do that.

PayPal will investigate this case then they will be the one to take care of the refund.

Here is how you can open a case through PayPal;

1. Go to www.paypal.com.au and sign in to your account.
2. Click the โ€œResolution Centreโ€ tab at the top.
3. Click โ€œDispute a Transaction.โ€
4. Select โ€œItem Disputeโ€ and click "Continue."
5. Use the โ€œFind Transaction IDโ€ button to locate the Transaction ID, then click "Continue."
6. Select โ€œI havenโ€™t received my item,โ€ then click "Continue."
7. Select a category and enter a message to the seller. Click "Continue" to submit your dispute.

To escalate a dispute to a PayPal claim:

1. Log in to your account at https://www.paypal.com.au
2. Click "Resolution Centre" on the top of your Account Overview page.
3. Select "Open Cases" in the drop-down menu and select the case you want to escalate.
4. Click "View" under the Action column.
5. Click "Escalate this dispute to a PayPal claim."
6. Complete the "End Communication and Escalate to a Claim with PayPal" form.
7. Click "Escalate to a Claim."

If this does not work and you think that you are still within the time period then go ahead contact them.

You can reach them at 1-800-073-263.
PayPal representatives are available 6am to 10pm AEST Monday to Friday and 8am to 7pm AEST Saturday and Sunday.

Woman Very Happy

Message 13 of 17
Latest reply

Just want to corret myself. They already have change the time frame on when you can open a case on Nov. 18, 2014 and that is up to 180 days.
Message 14 of 17
Latest reply

I've just come across this myself.

Looks like a mis-match between the systems.

Sadly, it seems fairly typical.

A company spends money to make their systems slicker, and it ends-up annoying the customers, and costs them money because people have to do it  the old fashioned way by calling, which costs everyone time and money.

Great job PayBay.

Message 15 of 17
Latest reply

Definitely seems like a system/technical fault.

Almost doesn't seem worth it for a few $, now have another couple of other purchased items with the same issue. Emailed sellers and the first seller again giving them and items until the end of week to sort something out, before I call PayPal
Message 16 of 17
Latest reply

i having the same problem as alicia89blue i have not recieved a item and its been 44 days since purchase.

" this transaction cannot be disputed " message during dispute process.

Message 17 of 17
Latest reply