Return Postage Costs

eturned and item and had it refunded so eBay has closed the issue

However it cost me money to refund the item which wasnt covered 

What to do as eBay doesnt  seem to have any way to deal with this and the seller has gone difficult

If I cant find a way to sort this out ill just ditch eBay for good - its fine when things go well but any difficulties, its a bit of a blank wall

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Return Postage Costs

Buyers have all the power and are given all the tools to deal with any issues

But you need to use them

What was the reason for the return?

Did the seller agree?

Did you follow the correct process or just do your own thing?

Was it a change of mind return? (if so, does the seller accept change of mind returns? )

Was the item not as described?

Is the seller registered in Australia? 

How has the seller 'gone difficult' ?

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Return Postage Costs

If it was a change of mind return, you are responsible for all shipping costs (both ways)

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Return Postage Costs

did you wait for the seller to send you a return postage lable, or did you just return it,  in which case you have missed out.  Read up how the returns process works.

PS.  Don't slam the door on the way out

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Return Postage Costs

Sounds like you haven't read up on the buyers guide of what to do when things go wrong.

Ebay is very black and white. If you change your mind about an item, then you are responsible for the postage back to the seller - and you need to have opened a "change of mind case". If the item is defection, wrong or broken, then you need to  have opened the relevant dispute and the seller would have been obliged to send you a shipping label (assuming they want it back and assuming they are registered in Australia).

You need to give us some further info as to what exactly happened.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Return Postage Costs

There was no mention of return post in my case from the seller apart from going to my post office for a label at my cost ?

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Return Postage Costs

What was the reason for the return?

If it was change of mind, and the seller agreed to the return in the first place, then yes, you pay the return postage (as you should do for change of mind)

If the item was not as described and you open a not as described dispute, the seller does not get a say if they want the item back, the seller has to issue a return postage label, not 'you go to the post office and pay'

Other members can't really help with so little information

You would be better off starting your own new topic giving the actual details (without naming the seller)  rather than tack this on to a comment from 9 months ago

Although 2 of the last 3 sellers who left you feedback are in China so could'nt issue you a label for Australia 

Nor could the one in The UK you were screaming at (who with feedback of 96% would have been best to hit the back button as fast as possible in any case)

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply