Return Request, Ebay says Still Reviewing (wait 2 days) Its been 10.

glo_pro
Community Member

Hi,

I purchased an item (membership level acces) and have since requested a Return.

I requested a Return Item prior to the seller confirming the upgrade.

The seller has responded, and Ebay are saying it is being Reviewed, wait 2 days, however it has been 10 days.

How do I followup on the reviewing process, as there is no way for me to respond or provide input.

Only the option to close the request, which the seller was motivating me to do before he would share the proof of the upgrade.

At present, I have paid, and have no proof of the upgrade, but my reservation is when the seller says, not to discuss the Upgraded Membership with the Loyalty Program staff. This got me thinking that this paid upgrade may not work and I would not have the ability to verify the upgrade will work before the time to lodge a dispute.

What do i do?

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Upgraded membership??, loyalty program staff?? Sorry i dont understand.
*we may be human, but we are still animals*
Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

think the seller is pulling your leg. have you contacted ebay to ask them why it is talking so long. Ring them 

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

@bakeandfry wrote:
Upgraded membership??, loyalty program staff?? Sorry i dont understand.

I too am completely baffled about this! I hope the OP comes back and puts us out of our misery. I wanna know if I'm missing out on some loyalty program!

Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

OK, I am understanding more now. Looks rather suspect to me. A low feedback seller (6) selling hotel upgrades? 151529657037

OP, I wouldn't cancel the return request, regardless of what the seller says, I would be escalating it to a claim. Don't close it until you have received a full refund. They have nothing in their completed items, which seems strange given you purchased this on Dec 31st and more were sold in January. Sold listings should remain visible for 60 days, which makes me think eBay has removed them.

Call me suspicious, but I believe this seller is trying to stall you, to try and string it out long enough whereby you can't claim a refund, or talk you into closing the request. DO NOT close the request!!! RING them on the number provided above and find out what you have to do to escalate it to a claim.

Good luck.

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

How did you get the username quicksales_com_au for a new member?, i had to wait 30 days before i could change my username from the ebay generated one.
*we may be human, but we are still animals*
Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

There've been trolls turning up on community

that have changed their ID the same day too

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

Same thing happened to me. You are better off calling them.

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

Its a hotel club membership program.

The original program is free to join, but the benefit of increased membership level is fast tracking to reward nights.

Some credit cards give you Silver or Gold membership if you are part of their credit card program.

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

I became suspicious when I contacted the seller on the weekend and advised I still had nothing.

When the seller advised that they already sent me the details, I asked for what date, and they went quiet for days...

I called Ebay yesterday and they made quick review and closed the case in my favour given the lack of details and response from the seller.
Message 10 of 15
Latest reply