Return process

Can I close the return dispute I opened through eBay this morning and open a dispute through PayPal instead?  I'm worried that if I close it, that I then won't be able to make a claim through PayPal.  It's just that I have a newbie seller who is being a pain with the whole process.  She didn't respond through the return process and sent me a couple of snappy messages and then a payment through Paypal which was not the full amount I paid, and to which I also got hit with paypal fees, which made it less again.  I'm after a full refund which is fair as the items aren't what she described them as.  I have refunded the payment she just made back and asked her to go through the return process to which she's not responding.  I just think it would be easier to close the eBay return dispute and go through paypal instead. Thank you for any help 🙂

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Return process

you would be better off sticking with the ebay process I feel. if you don't get a refund ring ebay and explain to them you haven't received it. Also you can't expect to keep the item and get a refund.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

If you received a (partial) refund from the seller, you wouldn't have paid any fees. You only pay fees on payments received, not refunds or money sent via the family and friends option.

You should be able to escalate the claim and ask eBay to step in and help (Not sure how long it takes for that option to appear). Once you ask them to step in and help the case will immediately be closed in your favour. You should also consider sending the item back to the seller because as mentioned, you can't expect to keep it and get a full refund. If you want to keep it, accept the partial refund.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

I don't expect to keep the item, I want to send it back 🙂

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

buyer refused the refund I find it unlikey they will be able to escalate it now in ebay. Seller would only have to tell ebay buyer refused it wants to keep item as well as wants a full refund, the case would be closed in sellers favour surely.

Your right spiritseeker33 perhaps you should close the ebay dispute an open a paypal one. You will be made to return the item if the seller requests it, you will have to pay postage yourself and you won't get a refund until it is returned.
Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

No, she made a seperate payment altogther to my Paypal email address outside of eBay, not a partial refund from the original payment so it stung me almost $2 in fees 🙂  I will stick with the eBay process I guess, and if she doesn't respond then I'll get eBay to step in.  Thank you for your response 🙂

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

You should not have refunded the money just yet, had you not done so it would have no effect on the ebay dispute which you should certainly not close, if you do then even if you could open a Paypal dispute you would have to pay for the return postage.

When you win the dispute, which you should, ebay will refund the whole of the original payment and then you could have refunded the extra payment.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 7 of 7
Latest reply