Return

loveit5
Community Member

Hi I both this item & it doesnt work properly.

want to return.

can you help me to organize it.

Regrads

Sabina 

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Return

Sorry but not really

Everyone on these boards are simply members just like you, we are not the seller and ebay staff do not read here

Have you contacted the seller at all?

Message 2 of 19
Latest reply

Return

loveit5
Community Member

Hi

have no idea how as what ever press no point

much esier to bay then return

havo no expiriance with ebay

prbebly never by again throught it

Message 3 of 19
Latest reply

Return

What is difficult about contacting the seller?

Go to the listing and scroll to the bottom of the page....on the left hand side is a link to Ask a Question.

Tell the seller what has happened and wait for an answer.

Message 4 of 19
Latest reply

Return

I'll try to help.

Up the top on the right hand side, you'll see a tab that says My eBay.

Click on that and when the drop down menu appears, click on My eBay summary.

Up will come a page of things you might be looking at but in any case, scroll down till you will see a section called "orders'

In that, there should be a record of whatever you just bought. It will show the order date, price, it will have a photo of the item etc, you can't miss it, it will be a fair size.

Now look to the right of that summary about your item. It will have a large blue tab that says "return this item". There will also be a little drop down arrow for 'More actions".

One of them is contact seller.

If the item you bought is defective, then that means the seller needs to refund in full (including postage) or exchange.

I think your safest bet might be to click the blue tab to return, make sure you list the reason.

The seller will need to arrange for you to return the faulty item and will need to pay postage for that.

Ebay can be tricky but if you spend a few minutes just navigating your way around & reading the help pages, it gets a lot easier over time.

Message 5 of 19
Latest reply

Return

@loveit5 wrote:

Hi

Much easier to buy what you want and NOT need to return. If there is a problem heaven forbid communicating with a seller. That would give them a chance to address the issue.

It is indeed probable that you will never buy again (if that's what you're saying) or, at the very least, the number of sellers willing to sell to you will be reduced.

Message 6 of 19
Latest reply

Return

And hitting that big blue 'return' button automatically opens a case.

Doesn't put the seller in the best of moods, right there.

Message 7 of 19
Latest reply

Return

Prbebly better if you don't by again. Cut your losses and run. I'm guessing it was prbebly some cheep rubbish from China so not worth worrying about.

Message 8 of 19
Latest reply

Return

How's about hitting that ABC 

Message 9 of 19
Latest reply

Return

@davewil1964 wrote:

@loveit5 wrote:

Hi

Much easier to buy what you want and NOT need to return. If there is a problem heaven forbid communicating with a seller. That would give them a chance to address the issue.

It is indeed probable that you will never buy again (if that's what you're saying) or, at the very least, the number of sellers willing to sell to you will be reduced.

If the item is defective though, a buyer should be entitled to return it for a refund.

I think on ebay, it can be hard for us to judge as we can't see the item, we don't know where it is from or in what way exactly it does not work properly.

I don't agree entirely with the opening comment that it is "much easier to buy than return" as I think that big blue button to return item, once you get into My eBay, is very prominent & for any newbie, you would assume that is how you initiate a return. The return process may then be more complicated, but finding that return button isn't.

I don't believe ebay is right to cause an automatic defect to any seller who has a buyer press it. I know that doesn't change things, me thinking it is right or wrong, but the system is set up so that that is the official & easiest path to follow.

From what I have seen, yes, a newbie can 'contact seller' but occasionally they get strung along. Even when all goes smoothly, the return process is more complicated than the buying process, but people just need to work through that if they have a problem.

Message 10 of 19
Latest reply