SCAM - Chinese sellers misrepresenting item location - Equick

So here is the latest 'SCAM' many Chinese sellers are now using in their listings to convince you to buy from them as their stock is supposedly located in Australia and you will get the goods quicker.

'AU STOCK' is big and bold in their listing heading.

In fact the item is in China and they use a re-fullfilment service called Equick.cn who consolidate many sellers parcels on a daily basis and ship them to Sydney. Equick then despatch them using Australia Post from their warehouse in Botany.

Around 4-5 days after you make your purchase you finally receive the tracking advice from Australia Post, which makes you think the items are in Australia, but in fact they have not even left China.  Around 10-14 days later you finally receive the goods.

This activity is clearly misleading and a breach of eBay's 'misrepresenting item location' rules and needs to be stopped.

Message 1 of 252
Latest reply
251 REPLIES 251

Re: SCAM - Chinese sellers misrepresenting item location - Equick

What has?

People swearing? That's what tippy was commenting about.

Message 171 of 252
Latest reply

This may have been mentioned but it's a new experience for me.  

The last 3 Asian sellers claiming to be in Australia I bought from issued Australia Post tracking numbers within hours.  However,  it  took many days for the item to be actually lodged at a post office.  So I guess it's an update on the original post.

Message 172 of 252
Latest reply

Australia Post has logistics companies in China who issue legitimate tracking numbers which only become trackable after the goods arrive in the country and are scanned.

Message 173 of 252
Latest reply

Thanks. You learn something new every day. 😃
Message 174 of 252
Latest reply

I have the same gripe and am sick of the lies! For many resons I prefer Australian suppliers but I think the ball should be with Ebay licence in Australia and our government regulating this.
Message 175 of 252
Latest reply

So if a financial transaction is made in Australia and a seller is registered in Australia why cant a tax invoice be issued? If it is requested by a customer isnt this something a seller must obide by? We need receipts and invoices to back up our purchases for tax purposes. Am very confused by your comment
Message 176 of 252
Latest reply

@roseandwren wrote:
So if a financial transaction is made in Australia and a seller is registered in Australia why cant a tax invoice be issued? If it is requested by a customer isnt this something a seller must obide by? We need receipts and invoices to back up our purchases for tax purposes. Am very confused by your comment

Unless the seller has registered for GST, they cannot issue a tax invoice. You can, however, still claim the total cost of the goods as an expense. For which you can use the payment confirmation, I believe.

It's not that confusing.

Message 177 of 252
Latest reply

think the way to get them from now on would be to buy something and leave feedback like "thanks great item and thank you for supporting democracy in hong kong"

China is implementing a social credit system at the moment and feedback like that will affect the social credit standing-may make them think twice about selling to australia and polluting our local listings, may even drive them away out of fear-and they will have only their stupid credit system to thank, maybe if enough people do this on ebay it may overload their pathetic social credit system

Message 178 of 252
Latest reply

"think the way to get them from now on would be to buy something and leave feedback like "thanks great item and thank you for supporting democracy in hong kong"

That feedback would be instantly removed if the seller complained to eBay, and you could possibly get sanctioned for violating feedback policies.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 179 of 252
Latest reply

I HAVE reported this to eBay more than once after discovering several of the 'Aussie Seller' items arrive defective or broken. 

Ebay does NOTHING; the same sellers are still listing the same items.

Nearly every item purchased lately was either faulty or misrepresented, and the latest - GPS at $64 - only worked for an hour. Who is going to pay the return postage? 

eBay used to be so good, now it's a question of how to beat the Chinese scams and eBay is doing NOTHING about it!

I was a seller on eBay for years and never had less than 100% positive feedback. Now there are sellers with atrocious feedback ratings but still allowed to carry on selling the same faulty and misrepresented items.

Shame in you eBay!

Message 180 of 252
Latest reply