SEARCH TIP: shortcut/cheat for setting the default 'Sort' option, useful for multiple searches/pages

Hi, for those of you that aren't already aware of this little 'cheat' that I found a while back, I thought you might appreciate it as it can save time when conducting multiple searches for eBay listings by allowing you to set the 'Sort' option that your searches will then default to.

(Please note, this is only an effective time saver to use for multiple searches/multiple pages.)

It's simple.

> find any seller that has an ebay store (it doesn't matter if you have zero interest in anything the seller is offering as you are merely using their store as an advanced search tool)

> go to their store page

> go to the drop down menu for 'Sort' options found on the right hand side directly above their listings 

> select the sort option you want from the drop down menu.

> keep this store page open/minimized as a background page.

> open a fresh ebay page (or pages) and search as per usual via categories/descriptions. When you get to the gallery/list landing page you will see that they will 'Sort' as per the option you chose on the store page. Whilstever you keep that store page open in the background/minimized any subsequent searches/pages will continue to use that sort option as the default setting.

> To change the default 'Sort' setting again, simply change the setting on the store page & then any fresh searches will also open with that new sort setting as the default.

(unfortunately you can't use this method for setting the default to 'Buy It Now/Auction' though)

This might not save many of you much/any time, but if you're like myself and often run many searches using multiple pages (mostly for bidding on auctions for many items ending very close together) it can prove very handy.

Hope this helps.

Message 1 of 1
Latest reply
0 REPLIES 0