Scammer alert! A guy is selling a Tag Heuer Carrera mens watch..

This seller is selling a Tag Here Carrera watch on eBay. I contacted him last night as the item description says he would take $1000 to buy the item. Stupidly I paid the money outside of EBAY via bank transfer. The item was ended, yet was re-listed today and has another 8 or more bids on it currently. I did some searching and I have found the pics used in the item description are from another item for sale on EBAY international, which appears to be a legit ad from a trusted seller in Germany? I have contacted EBAY to report the misuse but I don't think they can do too much to stop it happening again. I have contacted my bank to start a fraud claim and I have contacted the police, and I am about to list on the Government scam site as well. 

I guess don't buy anything outside of EBAY or you lose your hard earned money, and if it sounds too good to be true, then it is, both come into play. Also, before dealing with someone check their history also as this could be a big red flag....... which I totally didn't do. 

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: Scammer alert! A guy is selling a Tag Heuer Carrera mens watch..

lol…..  be interesting to see what comes of it ☺️

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 11 of 18
Latest reply

Bless him, he said I can have both items for $7,500. $1,500 off my offer! I feel so special. I think I need to play with him a bit.

Both items have been removed, so I'm guessing the reporting helped. I replied to his message thanking him for the reduced amount, but said I would have gladly pay the 9K. I assured him that I was a genuine buyer, because he mentioned that. I mentioned that I was still very interested in both items, but they have been removed.

Glad both have been removed so another unsuspecting buyer doesn't fall for his carp. I really feel bad for the OP. It will be highly unlikely they get their money back.

Message 12 of 18
Latest reply

I really really wanted that camera so I could take a pic of my bargain priced Tag..............😎

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 13 of 18
Latest reply

Next time, we’ll take a leaf out of Joe Lycett’s book and really play along with it 😂😂😂

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 14 of 18
Latest reply

I didn't get a reply, so have sent another message asking if they really want to sell the items, because I am serious that I want them. I'm even willing to pay via bank deposit to save on fees. Aren't I wonderful? 😄 

They aren't NARU, but I suspect there may be some suspension involved given the items haven't been relisted since being removed.

Message 15 of 18
Latest reply

First you conducted a transaction out of Ebay which voids any protection, and secondly you did it through a bank transfer which is just plain stupid.

Do I feel sorry for you....NO!...because you should have known better.

Message 16 of 18
Latest reply

… whereas I do indeed feel sympathetic towards the OP.

If not for people who make mistakes (as opposed to people who perpetrate scams), for whom should anyone feel sympathy?

Message 17 of 18
Latest reply

I dont recall the OP  asking for/or expecting sympathy

Message 18 of 18
Latest reply