Seller Has "Make Offer" In Ad, But Takes 24 Hours To Reply. BAD FOR BUYER

Why don't sellers us the automated reply to, "Make Offer".

They must know their bottom line before listing the sale with the make an offer in the listing

These sellers are just time wasting numpties.

50 OF THE ITEM FOR SALE, AND SELLER HAS BARELY SOLD ANY OF THEM, THEN THE SELLER WANTS TO WASTE 24 HOURS OF MY TIME.

Useless seller!!!

Message 1 of 28
Latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Re: Seller Has "Make Offer" In Ad, But Takes 24 Hours To Reply. BAD FOR BUYER

It's over 12 hours and you still haven't responded to all the people who have taken the time to reply to your post here.

Does that make you a time wasting numpty,   you have wasted our time

Message 11 of 28
Latest reply

He has fifty of them for sale

Message 12 of 28
Latest reply

Offer within 5% of asking price, and this is NOT about making the offer it's about getting a timely reply to the offer!

Message 13 of 28
Latest reply

Saw the times (12, 24, 48hr).

Still have to wait on the response from the seller.

If a seller doesn't know his bottom line then they need to "move on"

Message 14 of 28
Latest reply

And your point is,  just because he has 50, doesnt mean they need to accept your offer or even if it is within 5%,  sellers are not compelled to accept any offer.

And the fact you have hidden your feedback,  I wouldnt be accepting an offer,  red flags are raised.

Message 15 of 28
Latest reply

I can see you as a time wasting inefficient and going out of business seller who is of NO help what so ever.

Message 16 of 28
Latest reply

I made a reasonable off, within 5% of the asking price.

Message 17 of 28
Latest reply

I wanted the modem ASAP for work, not to be delayed for 24 hours.

I would NOT have made the offer if I knew the seller was going to take almost 24 hours to get off his **bleep** and reply.

Tha's why auto reply should be in force.

Message 18 of 28
Latest reply

Thank you for enlightening us on your attitude towards both sellers and posters here, should your seller be aware of your posts no doubt they would be very glad they didn't accept your offer. I'd imagine you will have also been added to a lot of seller's BBLs after your comments...............

As was said earlier buyer having "private feedback" could be a red flag to sellers as well.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 19 of 28
Latest reply

@garyozboy,

The make an offer function is not used by every seller in the same way.

Such uses may be: discounts for multi-item purchases, discounts for loyal customers in certain circumstances, sorting out goat from sheep buyers (to enable a block if an offer comes from a buyer whose feedback gives cause for concern, for instance), and more. I'm just throwing these ideas into the ring, as I'm not an eBay seller.

You are thinking of the make an offer function with the perspective of what suits you best, but that's only half the equation in any of your transactions. If you need to have an offer accepted within 24 hours - or more to the point, instantly - then simply withdraw your offer before the seller responds, and either buy at full price or find a different seller.

It's unrealistic and unfair for you to impose your timetable onto others.

Anyway, best of luck with your future purchases. May they go as smoothly as extra smooth peanut butter.

Message 20 of 28
Latest reply