Seller Listed an invalid tracking number then refuses to respond

bz660112
Community Member

I have an open case where the delivery date for an item I purchased has long since passed. I raised a case with eBay to step in. I tried contacting the seller. They did not and still have not responded. The seller listed an invalid tracking number with Australia Post. eBay have unilaterally placed the case on hold stating that the item is in transit because they are relying on the sellers tracking number which, as I have stated, is invalid. The item was ordered November 8th and allegedly was being sent from within the city that I live in. This also turns out to be false information. Why won't eBay actually do anything????

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Seller Listed an invalid tracking number then refuses to respond

Give us the item number (you can't name the seller on the boards) or any number from something they sell.

Did you look to see where they were registered? It's on their feedback page. Completely different to where they claim the item is "located".

Did you check their feedback before purchasing to see if there were any red flags?

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

I have exactly the same problem,  eBay need to smarten up the volume of both buyers and sellers are dropping rapidly. I am wondering if we can take them to consumer affairs? 

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

volume of both buyers and sellers are dropping rapidly

Empirical evidence would be required.

Almost certainly no. Consumer affairs applies only to Australian registered businesses.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply