Seller Member pretends to be local in whatever country you live in. Don't be fooled!

Seller Member pretends to be local in whatever country you live in.

Delivery times are accordingly slow.

They string you along when making queries.

Don't be fooled.

This seller is on my "never buy from again" list.

Message 1 of 28
Latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Seller Member pretends to be local in whatever country you live in. Don't be fooled!

imastawka
Honored Contributor

You're not allowed to name and shame on the boards.  The seller's name will be deleted by the mods.

Look at where they are registered on their feedback page, and most likely that is where it comes from.

Negs in the 400's and neutrals also in the 400's  and 97.8%

?

Why would you buy from someone who has that low a percentage.

Didn't you read all the negs saying it came from overseas?

Message 2 of 28
Latest reply

I would not buy from somewhere with feedback like that if they were the last seller on eBay

One would have to be very very very lucky NOT to have issues with them

Message 3 of 28
Latest reply

eBay will, and does at every opportunity, claim that their initiatives are all about the ‘buyer experience.’  We’ve all read copious amounts of narrative about making the experience enjoyable and ‘safe’ for buyers. I think eBay are very quick to table this card whenever some initiative impacts sadly and badly on sellers.

But, sellers like the one we’re discussing here are ‘standouts’ IMO, and very deserving of having their selling privilege’s revoked for all time. Yet we see many like this, eBay is populated beyond belief with them, and people still buy from them, but that’s another piece of subject matter. And I think it’s fair to assume, given their history, they have also been the subject of buyer complaint, over and beyond the red and grey. But, they remain here and prosper here, even though many buyers (who shouldn’t buy anyway), don’t enjoy the experience or find it safe. The seller remains to keep on keeping on. I find this beyond interesting - very intriguing!

And I’m satisfied, there are some buyers who would continue to buy, or at least try to, even if a seller had ‘quarantined for buyer safety’ emblazoned all over their listings.

Melina.

Message 4 of 28
Latest reply

After I wrote that, I realised that there is an upside: No added GST !

These sellers cary the risk of paying all the unpaid GST when they get found out.

That would be Karma indeed.

Message 5 of 28
Latest reply

"Didn't you read all the negs saying it came from overseas"

No, I hardly ever read them, though I probably should.

My 6 year experience with Ebay has been almost 100 possitive, and even the few times they innitially seemed negative, they turned into a possitive.

Like when I ended up with 2 working power generators and third one for parts, after having been sent 2 broken ones first, followed by a working one. The were very heavy and the seller didn't want to pay for the return postage. I made a working one out of the 2 broken ones and voila.

Or the ultra violet lamp which didn't work and for which I got my money back. I banged it in my hand a number of times (as on does with broken lamps) as it stayed on longer and longer, and now it works as if nothing was ever wrong with it.

Even with the current seller, I now realize one doesn't pay GST becaus the product "is in Australia".

I would even argue that it makes sense to frequent these unethical seller, and save on the 10% GST.

In the end it is they who carry all the risk.

Message 6 of 28
Latest reply

I know nuffink. I’m saying nuffink 😊

Melina.

Message 7 of 28
Latest reply

@1guldenvijftig wrote:

"Didn't you read all the negs saying it came from overseas"

No, I hardly ever read them, though I probably should.

My 6 year experience with Ebay has been almost 100 possitive, and even the few times they innitially seemed negative, they turned into a possitive.

Like when I ended up with 2 working power generators and third one for parts, after having been sent 2 broken ones first, followed by a working one. The were very heavy and the seller didn't want to pay for the return postage. I made a working one out of the 2 broken ones and voila.

Or the ultra violet lamp which didn't work and for which I got my money back. I banged it in my hand a number of times (as on does with broken lamps) as it stayed on longer and longer, and now it works as if nothing was ever wrong with it.

Even with the current seller, I now realize one doesn't pay GST becaus the product "is in Australia".

I would even argue that it makes sense to frequent these unethical seller, and save on the 10% GST.

In the end it is they who carry all the risk.

So did you reimburse the sellers when you found the items did indeed work?

Message 8 of 28
Latest reply

Banging an electrical item from China on your hand to get it to work is not ideal,

to say the least.

Chinese electrical items do not meet with Australian Standards, and have been known to burst into flames, causing injury and damage.

But I guess, as long as you have house insurance paid up, then there's no problems.  double-thumbs-up-smiley-emoticon.gif

Message 9 of 28
Latest reply

And send them the repair bill?

Don't be rediculous.

Message 10 of 28
Latest reply