Seller Member pretends to be local in whatever country you live in. Don't be fooled!

Seller Member pretends to be local in whatever country you live in.

Delivery times are accordingly slow.

They string you along when making queries.

Don't be fooled.

This seller is on my "never buy from again" list.

Message 1 of 28
Latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Seller Member pretends to be local in whatever country you live in. Don't be fooled!

Repair bill? For banging something with your hand?

Riiiiight.

Message 11 of 28
Latest reply

So you would pay for something which needs a good banging before it works?
Riiiiight.
Message 12 of 28
Latest reply

If I got it working - as good as new I believe you said - then I would consider the seller has provided goods as described, and would feel morally obliged to repay them. I don't rip people off.

I wouldn't buy electronics (or anything really) from China. I prefer quality, and in the case of electronics, something that won't burn my house down. Or if it does, is certified to Australian standards and thus means my insurance claim won't be rejected out of hand.

Message 13 of 28
Latest reply

I never said "as good as new", so I suggest that you aquire some reading skills as well before comenting again.

Message 14 of 28
Latest reply

Melina, I suspect that the sort of sellers you have described have been quarantined with some form of measles... yes?

Negative feedback ratingNegative feedback ratingNegative feedback rating

Negative feedback rating  Negative feedback rating

Negative feedback ratingNegative feedback rating  Negative feedback rating

Message 15 of 28
Latest reply

@1guldenvijftig wrote:

I never said "as good as new", so I suggest that you aquire some reading skills as well before comenting again.

You implied it - and now it works as if nothing was ever wrong with it.

Message 16 of 28
Latest reply

@1guldenvijftig wrote:

Seller Member pretends to be local in whatever country you live in.

Delivery times are accordingly slow.

They string you along when making queries.

Don't be fooled.

This seller is on my "never buy from again" list.

It is a problem on ebay for quite a few buyers, going by the number of complaints on the messageboards.

I don't mind buying from China occasionally (though never for electricals) but all I ask for is honest listings and if it says the item is in Australia, then it jolly well should be.

The delivery date can be a dead give away. If you're buying something supposedly in Australia and delivery is a month off, that says it all. Take that as your warning. A month? It's overseas.

I realise a lot of buyers don't read feedback & they don't go hunting to track down the location of the seller. They read the ad, look at the delivery date & price & that is it. I would also suspect that, for many buyers, a feedback score that is in the 90's probably looks pretty good at first glance. In just about any other circumstance, a score of 97% would be considered quite high.

It's a good idea though to quickly click  into the negative feedback for a seller before you buy, just to see if there is a trend & what the problems seem to be. 

If you buy something though and delivery hasn't happened by the due date, open an item not received case. Give it a few days' grace, but don't be strung along.

As for your other purchases, I would consider myself reasonably honest but I would not have refunded the sellers for those items you mentioned. Two broken generators that the seller did not want back & that you used for parts to make one working generator is not cheating the seller. For a lot of others without the knowhow, it would just have meant 2 big items for the hard rubbish collection.

And a lamp that didn't work for ages then after a slap slowly started to work-that's a dodgy lamp & I don't know how happy I would be to keep using it, especially if it came direct from China.

Message 17 of 28
Latest reply

Thanks for your top comment.

The seller is located in Botany, the delivery time posted was consistent with being local, but the item arrived from China after 2 weeks (which is actually quite good) and the shipping was stuck for the longest time on "has cleared customs" (which is a dead give away).

I was told “just a couple more days” on 2 occasions.

In the end I gave the seller bad marks for lying.

Had he been honest about the location, I would have still bought from him, because he was the cheapest, even taking GST into account, and he would have received top marks.

Message 18 of 28
Latest reply

@1guldenvijftig wrote:

The seller is located in Botany,

If it's the seller you left the neg for, they are registered in China and have very average feedback (99.5% is considered ok for a high-volume seller, not 97.8%).........................

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 19 of 28
Latest reply

There are a number of logistics companies in Botany who store and dispatch goods for overseas sellers.

If there is no stock locally the sellers will send from overseas as happened in your case obviously.

UBI and ATS are just 2 of the companies that do this.

Message 20 of 28
Latest reply