Seller abusive after I opened a INAD dispute with ebay when he did not respond to it.

Okay today I opened a dispute after trying to deal with a seller and get him to respond to ebays process.

I bought a brand new never used monitor off of him.

When it arrived it contained only a monitor and base absolutely no cables no power adapter nothing.

I contacted him on the day I got the monitor and asked where the cables were. He said they were in the box.

I said they were not there he asked if box was sealed. I said it was he wanted to talk to Aus post that was fine with me. But I opened a thing with ebay not paypal to be safe.

I said if he could find the cables and missing bits all would be fine.

he said he would refund me if I returned the monitor.

I said I would return it if he paid all postage . He refused. I said it is not my error and would not pay postage.

He said ebay says I would have to pay. I have heard differently. I asked him more than once to sespond to the ebay dispute he didn't Ialso told him it was not with paypal. 

He claims I was rude and difficult to work with. He has 150 things of %100 feed back I have over 600 in %100.

Today time was up I escalated the claim and I copped a rather rude message.

What should I do?

If it was just a power cable I would not have worried but it was all cables.

Message 1 of 63
Latest reply
62 REPLIES 62

Seller abusive after I opened a INAD dispute with ebay when he did not respond to it.

New monitors come with cables. BTW, check the Manual. It usually lists the exact contents of the box.

I'd continue with the claim. There are a lot of shonky sellers on eBay. And don't forget to leave a negative feedback, no matter how this turns out.

Message 2 of 63
Latest reply

Hi.

It was listed as brand new never used. (I now believe it had been used but it looks in good condition). The box had been opened but that is nothing odd. It had nothing but monitor and base no cables no manuals nothing.

Message 3 of 63
Latest reply

Goodness me I'm glad you two aren't in charge of the Middle East!

If the cables were genuinely not in the box, then you will just have to ignore his "rather rude" message, and follow the ebay process to get your refund. It used to be that the buyer always paid for the return of the item - no matter whose fault it was about the item being broken or incorrect - however I believe ebay may now have changed this if this is impractical or cost prohibitive.  If you buy an item for a shopping centre, and you get home and find out it doesn't work, the shopping centre don't pay you to return it.  Having said that, most professional sellers (and this guy may not be one of those, he might only be selling things around the house) will cover the cost of postage. Rather than the two of you getting uppity, try and solve the problem. How about asking nicely for a partial refund to buy the cables you need? That will save you having to send it back or him having to give a refund.

It really doesn't matter if he wants to be rude. You have paid money and have rights. Just recognise that not every purchase goes perfectly and sometimes in order to right a wrong when buying online the cost is sometimes partly to you. That's why everything is cheaper. If you don't want this sort of hassle, go and buy at a shop where you can check the box before you take it home ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 4 of 63
Latest reply

Look up the monitor online and download the manual that way. Check in the manual for box inclusions.

The fact that the cables and manual are missing means that it is 2nd hand and the seller has screwed you. Push the claim.

Message 5 of 63
Latest reply

My mistake it was advertised as brand new!

Will look up the manual. I have seen sites for the drivers but not manual. watched a youtube vid showing the unboxing which cleraly showed at least four missing items. But will look again.

Message 6 of 63
Latest reply

Add the link to the youtube unboxing video to the claim. The adjudicating ebay employee will be able to see you have been conned by a dishonest seller. Let the seller also see that you are on to him and have proof.

Message 7 of 63
Latest reply

The box has a different model number to the one written on the sellers page. The monitor of model number he was selling is different to the one I recieved. the box I got says Aoc e2440vh and the monitor I got looks the same as pictures for that model.

But listing  sell page has model e2460Phu.

I must be blind!

Message 8 of 63
Latest reply

As I have escalated the claim should I bring this up with the seller or ebay claims people?

Message 9 of 63
Latest reply

Put it into the claim. The seller can read the claim. Don't bother communicating with him anymore. My experience of bad sellers is that they ignore evidence, or try to use delaying tactics.

The seller is clearly a bad egg. You have enough evidence to win the claim.

Message 10 of 63
Latest reply