Seller abusive after I opened a INAD dispute with ebay when he did not respond to it.

Okay today I opened a dispute after trying to deal with a seller and get him to respond to ebays process.

I bought a brand new never used monitor off of him.

When it arrived it contained only a monitor and base absolutely no cables no power adapter nothing.

I contacted him on the day I got the monitor and asked where the cables were. He said they were in the box.

I said they were not there he asked if box was sealed. I said it was he wanted to talk to Aus post that was fine with me. But I opened a thing with ebay not paypal to be safe.

I said if he could find the cables and missing bits all would be fine.

he said he would refund me if I returned the monitor.

I said I would return it if he paid all postage . He refused. I said it is not my error and would not pay postage.

He said ebay says I would have to pay. I have heard differently. I asked him more than once to sespond to the ebay dispute he didn't Ialso told him it was not with paypal. 

He claims I was rude and difficult to work with. He has 150 things of %100 feed back I have over 600 in %100.

Today time was up I escalated the claim and I copped a rather rude message.

What should I do?

If it was just a power cable I would not have worried but it was all cables.

Message 1 of 63
Latest reply
62 REPLIES 62

Seller abusive after I opened a INAD dispute with ebay when he did not respond to it.

I have no doubt at all that being the experienced and very well-informed poster that you are, you are completely aware that most sellers/buyers that are regular boardies have their seller/buyer ID's separate to their posting ID's; and of course you will be fully aware also that those that sell/buy on their posting ID's may well have other selling/buying ID's.

No doubt that's why you told slr that the advanced search option was "real clunky"...................

The only solution I can see is for you to pm any boardie you have a percieved problem with, and tell them to notify you of all their eBay ID's....................that should do the trick for you.

BTW this ID is my one and only eBay ID (and I'm solely a buyer here), I will of course notify you should I open aother one for posting/buying or selling.

To get back on topic, I fully agree with your post springyzone, that would be the best way for the OP to go with their problem in this case.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 61 of 63
Latest reply

Great post. I agree. Just was pointing out a bad seller when people with zero feedback started calling me racist.
Message 62 of 63
Latest reply

@rainbowcolourz wrote:
Great post. I agree. Just was pointing out a bad seller when people with zero feedback started calling me racist.

Only because what you posted was. And a poster's feedback has nothing to do with their level of experience. Some people who responded to you have over 7000 feedback.

And you have your own thread to vent your angst on, so why drag up a 5 year old one to do the same?

Message 63 of 63
Latest reply