Seller being difficult

I've never had an issue with a seller in all my years on eBay except now. This seller had a product I really wanted so I reached out and asked for 2x of the item and have them sent together. They offered me another similar product, but said no after they refused combined shipping. Then asked me to pay through bank transfer but I'd already paid the item through eBay and PayPal. 

The seller is now ghosting me after I said I didn't want the other item I'd just take what I originally ordered and got aggressive, asking me to pay more money, claiming that eBay "took most of it". I refused, said I wasn't paying anymore than the listed price. They haven't shipped the item yet and in a week I can mark the items as undelivered but is there anything else I can do? Cancel order doesn't work and as I said, the seller won't respond. 

I'm scared now that I'll get scammed, and I'm worried that they have my full name and address.  Any help would be much appreciated. 

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Seller being difficult

There's nothing you can do until the final ETA has passed, then you can open a dispute through eBay's MBG.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Seller being difficult

There's nothing you can do until the final ETA has passed, then you can open a dispute through eBay's MBG.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 16
Latest reply

Seller being difficult

As mentioned, if the item hasn't arrived by the last ETA, open an item not received dispute from your purchase history (I think there is a dropdown next to the item that says something like "I didn't receive my item". Click on that and follow the prompts). As soon as the option appears, if the seller hasn't refunded already, ask ebay to step in and help. I think that is available after 4 days, but check daily until it appears.

If you follow the correct procedure, you won't be scammed. However, if the seller doesn't refund before you ask ebay to step in and help, they will get a defect on their account. If they get enough of them, they will be stopped from selling.

You did the right thing not paying via bank deposit. That is extremely unsafe and you can't get a refund if things go bad. Always pay with PayPal or a credit card. 

Please come back and let us know how you get on.

Message 3 of 16
Latest reply

Seller being difficult

Maybe they have actually posted the original item you ordered and paid for.   And no point them communicating any further if they have.

Message 4 of 16
Latest reply

Seller being difficult

Oh sorry I have already posted that item to you, might have been the polite thing to do instead of being rude. Also, the buyer would then know what is happening and have no issue I presume. But I also realize there is always two sides.

Message 5 of 16
Latest reply

Seller being difficult

Thanks very much I will! 

Message 6 of 16
Latest reply

Seller being difficult

I've asked several times if they've posted the item because it says awaiting postage but still no response. I'm just waiting for the latest possible arrival time now due to the uncertainty. Had regular communication prior to this so it's not great being left in the dark about a purchase 

Message 7 of 16
Latest reply

Seller being difficult

Yeah theres been no communication for 5 days now, despite me asking a few times whether the item had been shipped yet which is the main issue here lol. Just a simple "its been posted" would make all the difference 

Message 8 of 16
Latest reply

Seller being difficult

@jacor_7568 wrote:

Yeah theres been no communication for 5 days now, despite me asking a few times whether the item had been shipped yet which is the main issue here lol. Just a simple "its been posted" would make all the difference 

Yes, massive red flags.

This is a seller who did a number of odd things. Refused to combine postage, asked for more money over and above what you paid for it, asked for bank transfer.

And he is complaining that ebay will take too much money from the sale.

He is also disgruntled with you as you didn't buy the second item.

Most reasonable sellers would give a quick answer to say they posted it if they had, even if only to put a stop to constant enquiries.

I have my doubts this seller has posted anything. In his mind, he didn't get 'enough'.

Don't bother with any more messages. You don't have to end up scammed though. As others said, once the due date passes, if you don't have the item, open an ebay claim. 

Whatever you do, do not close it if the seller sends a message such as "Close the case, I am posting it today." Follow through with that claim till you have your refund (or until the item arrives). But watch the dates, don't let your claim time out.

I know you want the item but it isn't sounding likely you'll get it. You won't be scammed if you open a claim but where you could be scammed is if you close that case on the seller's say so.

Message 9 of 16
Latest reply

Seller being difficult

Hi thanks for commenting on the post! I got a notification today saying that the item had been sent. The estimated delivery is still 8th Nov but from the sellers location to mine it'll certainly take much longer than that. The option of 'I didn't receive item' is gone. What happens if they didn't actually post the item & just said they did? 

Message 10 of 16
Latest reply