Seller being difficult

I've never had an issue with a seller in all my years on eBay except now. This seller had a product I really wanted so I reached out and asked for 2x of the item and have them sent together. They offered me another similar product, but said no after they refused combined shipping. Then asked me to pay through bank transfer but I'd already paid the item through eBay and PayPal. 

The seller is now ghosting me after I said I didn't want the other item I'd just take what I originally ordered and got aggressive, asking me to pay more money, claiming that eBay "took most of it". I refused, said I wasn't paying anymore than the listed price. They haven't shipped the item yet and in a week I can mark the items as undelivered but is there anything else I can do? Cancel order doesn't work and as I said, the seller won't respond. 

I'm scared now that I'll get scammed, and I'm worried that they have my full name and address.  Any help would be much appreciated. 

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: Seller being difficult

On the 12th.....lodge an INR claim

Message 11 of 16
Latest reply

It should come back on or after the 8th or if item status updates to "delivered" before then.

eBay has been experiencing quite a few glitches of late, but most of them have been fairly temporary. So, it should come back.🙄

Message 12 of 16
Latest reply

@jacor_7568 wrote:

Hi thanks for commenting on the post! I got a notification today saying that the item had been sent. The estimated delivery is still 8th Nov but from the sellers location to mine it'll certainly take much longer than that. The option of 'I didn't receive item' is gone. What happens if they didn't actually post the item & just said they did? 

I am a bit puzzled as usually there would be a tracking number uploaded. I am assuming this is a reasonable size/cost and not likely to be the sort of thing a seller would just post in an envelope.

You can't really do anything & there would be no reason to till after the estimated date of arrival, which you say is 8th Nov. I'd probably give it a day or two after the 8th to arrive but probably not too much more than that as they did, after all, leave off posting for a week.

So if you wait till eg 10-12th Nov, the option to open a claim for not receiving the item should be available and you would just go with it.

Message 13 of 16
Latest reply

It's probably my own fault for going along with it because it was originally $10 postage and he wouldn't combine it so I was going to have to pay $20 shipping for something that could be packed together and was going to the same location (for context I'm buying trading cards and most of the time sellers have free shipping for these items, or very cheap but still tracked) and I asked if there was a cheaper way to do it so he said the only way to do it was if I paid $5 for each set and it would be tracked. So I did, but then he came back and said it wasn't going to be tracked. And okay I think I'll open a claim on the 10th then because that gives it a week to arrive. Thanks for your advice ! 

Message 14 of 16
Latest reply

Hey everyone, if you get this notification just wanted to update you and also say thank you for all the advice. The seller ghosted me and I waited a day or two after the expected date of arrival to give the benefit of the doubt with the slow postage in my area and the cards still didn't arrive so I opened up a request that I didn't get the items. The seller made me wait 3 days and didn't fix the issue so eBay stepped in and gave me a refund for the product. I left a review on the sellers page to warn others of this issue. Thanks for all your help 🙂 

Message 15 of 16
Latest reply

Good work! I thought your feedback was good too. Detailed enough to warn other buyers of the issues.

It's pretty poor of any seller to keep the money if they change their mind and decide not to post something. The very least your seller should have done was to cancel the sale and refund the money.

Message 16 of 16
Latest reply