Seller changes mind, now wants more money

Hi,

Looking through the message boards, I can see this is not a too uncommon of a problem.

What happened to me was:

I bought an item with "buy it now."

Waited several weeks, noticed that the item was late by over a week.

Contacted the seller and asked why the item is late, only to see the exact item I bought being relisted by the seller, but this time at 3x the original price.

Note: the item I bought seemed fairly priced, at least to me. It seems that the seller just arbritrarily decided he wanted more.

I've started the process to report this to eBay and it "might" be solved through resolution, I'm not sure yet. But I'm wondering if it's not solved is there anything I should do on my end about it besides get a full refund and leave negative?

Message 1 of 31
Latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

Re: Seller changes mind, now wants more money

From looking at the listing, it looks like they may have intended it to be another bait listing, because the parking rack is still there for $24.69, while the prices for the item actually being advertised is now $54.99.

The revision history shows changes to the buy it now price 4 times, the first time on the 21st September, and then another 3 times on the 17th/18th October, with the OP's purchase being on the 18th of October and the only sale from the listing.

It could have been a mistake when they revised the pricing on the 17th, (or the 18th?), and the price changed immediately after the OP's purchase, which would have notified them of the error.

Which, of course, in no way whatsoever excuses them of the poor behaviour / treatment, regardless of their reason for it. eg A lot of sellers - especially ones who fear eBay more than they fear customer dissatisfaction - when an error or mistake like this occurrs (if it even was unintentional), will keep up appearances for the buyer until they eventually raise an issue, and then the seller will blame it on something else, like lost in the post, and issue a full refund, which in turn encourages the buyer to appreciate the seller and blame a third party for the problem, if the charade is believed. 

These sellers are focused on not getting repurcussions that can affect their ability to sell, rather than what is best for the customer, unfortunately, which is testament in part to the seller's priorities, and part to the environment eBay has created for all sellers (and like I said, I'm not trying to excuse the seller's actions, or suggest that they deserved any empathy, I've always found being honest and up front nets more positive than negative so I would encourage and appreciate that no matter what, I'm more just posting for insight on the possibilities for why a seller may do things like this). 

Message 21 of 31
Latest reply

There's a further problem.

The seller basically lied in his feedback.

The seller said he "solved the problem."
I did everything to resolve the issue I even tried to give the guy extra $, the seller refused to budge on the amended price.

Is there anyway I can re-do my feedback? I would like to add; "the seller did nothing to resolve the issue."

btw digital ghost, the seller was lying all the way through the resolution process.

They said, item is lost in the mail then they changed to, the item is out of stock and that I will have to wait 50 days until more stock arrives (just enough time to avoid any feedback.)

The seller treated the whole resolution process like a joke.

At least I know what the response feedback means, often it's an outright lie.

Message 22 of 31
Latest reply

You can't revise your feedback, but you can leave a follow-up comment (go to your fb profile and select reply to fb left or similar).

The seller can't reply again, so it will be the last comment in the fb chain.

Message 23 of 31
Latest reply

Cheers DG.

You are very helpful I've found. 🙂

EDIT: I can't see where exactly to reply to the reply sorry.

Message 24 of 31
Latest reply

Try this link:

https://feedback.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ReviewFeedbackLeft

If that doesn't work, you may need to log into eBay.com (US site), and access the feedback forum there: https://pages.ebay.com/services/forum/feedback.html

Message 25 of 31
Latest reply

It worked thanks.

But I noticed it wasn't posted immediately.

Message 26 of 31
Latest reply

There seems to be an issue sometimes with feedback replies that are submitted through the AU site, so if it doesn't show up, try the second link as that will take you to the US site's feedback forum, where you can click Follow up to feedback left (right hand side, under Feedback tools), for some reason that tends to be successful when the same function on the AU site is very temperamental.

Message 27 of 31
Latest reply

I went through the US link and still nothing, maybe if I wait till tomorrow it will appear?

Message 28 of 31
Latest reply

@tazzieterror wrote:
My I know the item number now? 😄 Or any item number from that seller, even?
eBay item number:

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 29 of 31
Latest reply

@kaibacorp* wrote:

I went through the US link and still nothing, maybe if I wait till tomorrow it will appear?

I'd probably try again a few times, maybe giving it a little while between each attempt just in case - the US site usually works and it should show up just as quickly as regular feedback, as far as I know, but I'm not sure of any other options if that doesn't work, unfortunately. 

Message 30 of 31
Latest reply