Seller doesn't ship to Australia

A new one one me - a seller on Australian eBay doesn't ship to Australia!

I have thought about why this might be and I think a reason might be is ebay gives excellent exposure but they just want to ship nearer to home.

Anyway, I would like to ask the seller if they will let me bid but I would like to ask for the help of the good folk here for some assistance as to how to word the request.  I usually come across as sounding like "You are wrong, stop being wrong. Do what I want!" and of course I don't want to sound like that. I also don't want to sound wishy-washy "maybe, could you, but only if you like, possibly, please, let me bid..."

Is this a pleasant and non-threatening way: Hello, I am from Australia. I see at this time your items are not posted to Australia. Do you have an option to allow postage to Australia? Thank you.

Thanks everyone!

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: Seller doesn't ship to Australia

I tested Denmark and New Zealand...

--> Side note: always change your country back!

...and they looked fine.  Just now I have tested the five digit post code by putting a 0 at the front and it shows the price and style for delivery to Aus. as normal.

I hadn't thought to google it - will I be disappointed at the volume of hits I get? (probably)

Which makes me ask a question - how can so many problems be ignored? I don't expect an answer as I'm not sure there is one!  Thanks for everyone's responses. You were all very helpful!

Message 11 of 15
Latest reply

@book-of-hezekiah wrote:

I tested Denmark and New Zealand...

--> Side note: always change your country back!

...and they looked fine.  Just now I have tested the five digit post code by putting a 0 at the front and it shows the price and style for delivery to Aus. as normal.

I hadn't thought to google it - will I be disappointed at the volume of hits I get? (probably)

Which makes me ask a question - how can so many problems be ignored? I don't expect an answer as I'm not sure there is one!  Thanks for everyone's responses. You were all very helpful!

Yes! Otherwise you nearly have a heart attack when you suddenly see all these massive postage costs! I couldn't work out one time why I was seeing nearly $50 postage for an item that would go as small parcel rate. Then I remembered I had changed my location when I was checking out shipping costs to different countries.

Message 12 of 15
Latest reply

So so, thanks Lyndal

Message 13 of 15
Latest reply

book-of it is probably best not to google this problem, it was poor form of me to suggest googling. No one should have to see so many hits for a non existant problem. LOL

Message 14 of 15
Latest reply

@toothless_hogg wrote:
Does it say they won't ship to Australia in the description, or is it in one of the other sections?

For the last month dozens of my customers, including many returning customers, have been seeing messages their I don't ship to their country. Literally someone who lives only a 15 minute drive from my house is being told I don't ship to their country.

Ebay has a serious glitch on this issue, I think with the mobile app.

There is some kind of glitch with the mobile app (and I'm using the previous version not the current train-wreck lol)

When I have personally arranged with a seller who lists US only' to allow postage to Australia, I can only bid on the item from my PC

If I try and use mobile it continues to refuse my bid due to the "this item won't be shipped to you" shipping details.

At least I'm presuming it is a glitch lol

Message 15 of 15
Latest reply