Seller had wrong return address on the Roof Racks that I returned what can I do

I sent Roof Rack back to a seller and used the address on the items and I have found out that this is not their address what can I do?

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Did you open a case? If so, the seller would have had to pay for return postage.

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

What can you do?  Absolutely nothing I'm afraid.

If you have not sent the items to the address given to you by ebay during the course of a dispute you have no hope of getting help from them.

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Follow the correct procedure next time

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Did you open a case first?

You could try opening one now and then enter the tracking number you got and see what happens as it should show as delivered to the address you got (even if it was incorrect). If Ebay won't let you open one, try Paypal.

The other issue is that you would have returned it using your own money which you have no way of getting back.

The seller should have given you a label at their cost, or they should have refunded you if they didn't want it back.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Indeed, was the seller even aware of the return? and if so agree to it?

No mention of communicating with the seller

Or if there was a dispute or not

Or if the seller was registered in Australia (or the one in China who the neg was left for)

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Feedback left for others says seller didn't want it returned.

So why return it?

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

That is what I am wondering

Certainly looks like that is the situation but OP did not mention that nugget in their post

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Seller is registered in China. Did the item come from China, or from within Australia?

Item location is a different situation but is often irrelevant as Chinese sellers can pick any Australian "location" and return address they like - who would ever check that it is valid or genuine?

Now that I see that the seller is registered overseas, they would not have been able to issue you with a return label from outside Australia, so your best best would have been to get a refund and chuck the product out.

Buy roof racks and items from local sellers and support our economy instead. Plus you'll get better products and warranty etc.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply