Seller keeps getting negative feedback but eBay keeps removing it?

I bought an item and they did not send it and ignored all of my emails. I had to open a dispute to get a refund. I of course left negative feedback to warn others. But then eBay removed it? I kept checking and multiple buyers have left the same negative feedback for the seller. However eBay keeps removing every one of them not long after? 

Why do they keep doing that? Buyers keep getting ripped off by this seller and leave appropriate negative feedback, but eBay keeps removing it? How is that keeping buyers safe? Their time is being wasted and their money taken for weeks until going through the process of getting a refund. Myself included.

I would appreciate someone from eBay explaining this? Or anyone with a reason why please?

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mentioning a dispute would have done it

If everyone wrote that, eBay would have removed it all, since it is 'not allowed' under eBay rules

More than likely the negs would still have been there

This seller obviously knows this, and reported it to eBay

You can easily leave a neg, stating the reason but not mentioning things eBay do not allow opening a dispute

Something like 'fails to honour sales'/ does not send items or whatever/ avoid this seller as they do not send purchases 

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

This often happens with big sellers who sometimes get special treatment. The seller you mention (you are not allowed to name and shame, so I won't repeat their name) is small though, so I assume those who leave negative feedback might break some fb rule, like mentioning a dispute?

What had you written?

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

I wrote that item was not received and that they ignored all emails, so a dispute was opened for a refund. Simple facts and no more. All of the others wrote a similar thing. There has been at least 4 or 5 others that I have seen leave negative feedback, only to have it removed?

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Unfortunately, you are not allowed to mention disputes in feedback, and obviously the seller knows and reported your fb, as well as the fb of others.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Mentioning a dispute would have done it

If everyone wrote that, eBay would have removed it all, since it is 'not allowed' under eBay rules

More than likely the negs would still have been there

This seller obviously knows this, and reported it to eBay

You can easily leave a neg, stating the reason but not mentioning things eBay do not allow opening a dispute

Something like 'fails to honour sales'/ does not send items or whatever/ avoid this seller as they do not send purchases 

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

As a seller yourself, you should be aware of what is allowed and not allowed in FB

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

I see disputes mentioned so many times in fb - sometimes even as the only negative fb that ruins the overall score of a small seller. Reading the rules can be of great advantage (it is the same with MBG, T&Cs of vouchers etc.).

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

....and they've left a false +

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

@twyngwyn wrote:

....and they've left a false +

... in spite of apparently knowing fb rules

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply