Seller listed dress as NWOT only tried on at home, yet so obvious it is worn.

It amuses me that a seller can advertise a dress as NWOT "never worn only tried on at home", yet dress arrives with obvious signs of wear (pilling, stains, seams coming undone, discoloured from white to yellowish off white).  

I have notified seller in a very polite way to advise of my findings, hoping to resolve in same manner, regardless if I only paid $1.30 plus $7.50 postage.

Message 1 of 21
Latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Re: Seller listed dress as NWOT only tried on at home, yet so obvious it is worn.

Best one I got was "but it wasn't worn by ME" when I received a rag that was extremely well worn

Message 11 of 21
Latest reply

Re: Seller listed dress as NWOT only tried on at home, yet so obvious it is worn.

I once received a "NWT" dress with blood stains on the back! ๐Ÿคข
Message 12 of 21
Latest reply

By the way, the seller should be paying for return postage. I don't think you can simply do "return to sender".
Message 13 of 21
Latest reply

Once a parcel has been opened, you can't re-seal and return to sender.

New postage is due to be paid

Message 14 of 21
Latest reply

@k9tardus wrote:

Best one I got was "but it wasn't worn by ME" when I received a rag that was extremely well worn

Smiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

Well, that is a refreshingly new line, I have to say.

On the whole, I have been pretty lucky with second hand purchases but I do tend to look at the photos very carefully. Have been caught out a couple of times though with deception by what I would call sins of omission.

Message 15 of 21
Latest reply

Ebay messaged me, advised me to work it out with seller as to how I want to return to her, as seller could not print out a return post label, as long as I had tracking to prove it got delivered, which it did.

I sealed the end of parcel, and returned to sender.  The seller had the parcel delivered this morning, so it does work.  I have done this before with items not described and never had a problem.  

Message 16 of 21
Latest reply

You are lucky the seller has acknowledged that the parcel arrived. Had they denied it you could not have proved the return as you had no tracking. The seller could send you a return label, they just needed to use click & send to generate it, they could also have just sent you the cost through Paypal so their excuses were a bit lame.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 17 of 21
Latest reply

I did have tracking, I mentioned this above.  I used the tracking from original parcel, it shows it being scanned at Aust Post (no problem) in transit and delivered, I supplied this to ebay, and had no issues with them at all.  I know the seller had to pay for return post, the seller advised ebay they could not generate label, NOT ME, so ebay messaged me telling me this and asked me to work out with seller about return.  The parcel has been returned, my refund is being processed, so all good, maybe I got lucky.     

Message 18 of 21
Latest reply

You certainly did get lucky....this time.   You have broken all the rules for ebay returns as well as Australian Law.

If you try this again, don't be surprised if it goes pearshaped.

Message 19 of 21
Latest reply

I got told to RTS a parcel going overseas. Um.....no. My local PO told me it can't be done st all.
Message 20 of 21
Latest reply