Seller said item damaged and won't sell

So I bidded on fake grass and won at a pretty cheap price. I contacted the seller regarding pick up and they responded by saying the item is all wet and damaged. (BTW fake grass is for outdoor used and is suppose to get wet). Obviously the price is much cheaper than what they were expecting and they're using that as an excuse for not selling. What do I do now??

THanks. 

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Seller said item damaged and won't sell

@pancaket52 wrote:

And your post went right over everones head!!!  LOL

or

everyone was being very good and pretending they didn't understand it.

Who's 'everyone'?     It got 5 kudos - 4 before you posted.

Message 11 of 14
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

Lots of reasons why you shouldn't have fake grass.

Chemicals leeching, weeds grow on top of it anyway and it can get hotter than concrete.

Just to name some.

As an aside, it wasn't over my head.  I know what THC means but I chose to ignore it. Smiley Tongue

No children will be spending extended periods of time on the fake grass at my mother's place...and I certanly hope there won't be any getting in the cat run.  As said cat is likely to panic, if she doesn't get back into the house at the speed of light, then the child is likely to get scratched.  Badly.  Standing on the fake grass will be the least of his or her worries!

There are no weeds growing on Mum's fake grass and she's had it for quite a while.

The cat run is partially under shade (house eaves) and the rest of it is filtered light through shrubs depending on the time of day.  If the fake grass gets warmer than the concrete then frankly that's a plus.  Also the cat run has timber platforms at varying heights plus a hammock type bed up near the top.

No one should underestimate the very real dangers of a natural garden and grasses.  My father was a keen gardener and like my mother always wore gloves and took care when digging for planting etc.  However....on one occasion he got a very small cut on one knee while gardening.  As he took blood thinner medication he was quick to clean it up and apply antiseptic and a bandaid. But a soil borne bacteria still got in and he ended up in hospital in a bad way.  The doctors said it was a rare type but the garden and the cut on his leg was the most likely origin.  Dad was in a lot of pain and it took a long while for him to get better....and not completely either.  The bacteria travelled to his brain and may have triggered his Alzheimer's. (Scientists are currently investigating this possibility).  At the time Dad was in hospital the doctor also considered it a possibility.

It seems nothing is safe nowadays. *shrgs*

Message 12 of 14
Latest reply

my husband has experienced this many times when he has won a cheap auction on an expensive item or an item worth a lot more then he won it for. I don't think there is anything you can do except notify ebay and maybe they can see that the seller does this a lot.

Message 13 of 14
Latest reply

I worked in a school where the entire soccer field was artificial turf and around one side of the building there was another enclosed section that was all 'fake grass'. The school had over 700 students running around on the stuff every day, it got soaked if it rained, it had balls bounced on it, kids jumping on it, you name it. It held up beautifully and still looks excellent and would be well over a decade old now.

Most of the school had the real grass, mind you, but those 2 (quite extensive areas) didn't.

Not a weed in sight on it either but then even the real grass gets a battering and is bare in parts.

As far as auction items go though, if a seller says something is faulty or has been damaged since the sale, then there isn't much you can do. Ebay isn't going to send a rep round to their home to demand they hand it over. Even if they did, the seller wouldn't have to.

It might be disappointing but basically, you're not going to get it, you can't do anything about it, ebay is unlikely to do anything much about it. You can give a negative. I suppose at least that way it would be on record for other buyers to see if they try to make a habit of it or try it again.

Message 14 of 14
Latest reply