Seller says item is shipped but no tracking

zman_82
Community Member

I bought and paid for a used watch on Monday night. I haven’t bought anything from a private seller on eBay for a while.

Seller asked if delivery address was OK as it was Ezymart (a ParcelPoint collection location). I told him it’s fine and he said he’d post the item on Tuesday.

No “posted” status update on Tuesday all day. I messaged seller and he said that item was shipped to address as listed. I then asked for tracking number and no response. He also never updated the status to posted.

He’s using the eBay standard shipping method and I thought eBay lets sellers print the shipping label and updates the status with tracking information automatically?

Should I be concerned and is this a sign of a dodgy seller? He has 100% feedback over last 6 months if that means anything.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

For a high priced item and $18.95 in postage, I would want that tracking number, for sure, but some sellers only enter the tracking number IF a buyer raises a complaint of non delivery. Then it can go a few different ways, especially if the tracking says delivered, but you don't have it (for example). 

It may or may not arrive before Xmas. My items are taking around 8 business days at the moment, but on occasion I've been really surprised - like when I sent something from Perth to Queensland and it was literally delivered the next day. 

Anyway, it will probably be fine, but when you get it, make sure you test it out thoroughly - you have 30 days from receipt in case there are any issues.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Can you provide the item number?

Not all sellers ship with tracking, although I also prefer it when sellers mark the item as shipped, at a minimum.

Was the watch pricey?

100% feedback means nothing unless it is feedback received as a SELLER. If you go to the feedback page, there are different tabs you can click on to see the types of feedback someone receives. Buyers can only get positive feedback.

It's possible the seller isn't a regular user and has just sent it off and not come back to their computer. 

What is the estimated date range of delivery? If nothing turns up by the final date, then you can open a case for Not Received.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Thanks for the reply! 

Item number is 144269784002

All his feedback are for being a seller that’s why I bought from him. 

Estimated delivery is 22/12… was hoping to get it before Xmas. 

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Without being rude, dont hold your breath about getting before Xmas.  You well may but the whole mail system is in chaos at the moment with both Xmas & pandemic.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

You might if you're lucky

The estimated delivery date is a 'best/fastest' possible case guess inserted by eBay. Not including delays caused by Christmas/Covid/massive backlogs ..........

BUT my concern would be the price of the item from a seller with very limited experience 

The positive feedback is from longer ago than 6 months, 2 feedback in the past year and all the rest is from over a year ago

Keep a very close eye on things with that

It only sold not even 2 days ago, so it is very possible the seller has not been back online since posting

If it were me selling an almost $900 item though, I would be uploading the tracking toot sweet 

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

For a high priced item and $18.95 in postage, I would want that tracking number, for sure, but some sellers only enter the tracking number IF a buyer raises a complaint of non delivery. Then it can go a few different ways, especially if the tracking says delivered, but you don't have it (for example). 

It may or may not arrive before Xmas. My items are taking around 8 business days at the moment, but on occasion I've been really surprised - like when I sent something from Perth to Queensland and it was literally delivered the next day. 

Anyway, it will probably be fine, but when you get it, make sure you test it out thoroughly - you have 30 days from receipt in case there are any issues.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply