Seller sent me wrong item

Hi I bought an item that costs 2600 and tge seller sent me wrong item. I sent him a msg about the problem but still got no reply. Should I open a case to return item or should I wait until the seller responds?

Message 1 of 196
Latest reply
195 REPLIES 195

You really do seem to have some problem with your purchases.   Maybe try a B & M, you may have more luck

Message 2 of 196
Latest reply

Open a case with eBay's Money Back Guarantee if you're within 30 days of the final ETA of the item.

The seller should pay for the return postage. DO NOT close the case until you are completely satisfied with the outcome - once a case is closed it CANNOT be reopened.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 3 of 196
Latest reply

Do you mean even if I open a case I may not receive a full refund? The product was completely different from the photo on ad and also was missing a crucial feature. The item arrived 10days prior to ETD but I want to return this item asap as its so bulky. Can I only open a case after ETD has passed?

Message 4 of 196
Latest reply

@cait_kelee6 wrote:

Can I only open a case after ETD has passed?

You must open a case BEFORE the final ETA, so do it now. You should get a full refund if the seller has sent the wrong item.

What was the item number (RHS of the listing page) ?

Message 5 of 196
Latest reply

Sorry, I got mixed up there. You have to open a case within 30 days of the final ETA.

Apologies.

Message 6 of 196
Latest reply

When did you send the seller a message?

Message 7 of 196
Latest reply

At around 11 as soon as I got the parcel, opened and knew it was wrong item. Also courier just left the parcel out of the unit without even ring the bell of the apartment

Message 8 of 196
Latest reply

It is a bit early. Not all sellers check their account every day or are notified of new messages on their phone, and even if they are notified, they might not be able to reply if they are at work and their boss is nearby. I would wait a bit longer.

Message 9 of 196
Latest reply

But item is really heavy and big. Since it was seller's fault, seller would send someone to pickup the item from my unit right?

Message 10 of 196
Latest reply