Seller sent me wrong item

Hi I bought an item that costs 2600 and tge seller sent me wrong item. I sent him a msg about the problem but still got no reply. Should I open a case to return item or should I wait until the seller responds?

Message 1 of 196
Latest reply
195 REPLIES 195

Message 21 of 196
Latest reply

It is usually just under "report item".

Message 22 of 196
Latest reply

185375364598 is item number

I was suppose to get the harp that looks like the picture but got this one instead 

images (14).jpeg

โ€ƒMissing 5 levers and different engraving Shape looks different too 

Message 23 of 196
Latest reply

A harp...

I am not even sure AusPost would accept it.

Once (years ago) I had to send back a faulty telescope. I had to go to the post office by taxi of course, and when I arrived there they didn't want to accept it because it exceeded the maximum dimensions for a parcel, even if it had a return label from the seller on it.

Eventually they accepted it, but I had to talk to the manager because they didn't understand I was just returning a faulty item and I had received the label from the seller who had sent the same item to me, but apparently there are or were exceptions for sellers.

Message 24 of 196
Latest reply

The item came by direct freight exchange courier. Wonder if same courier would come to 'pick it up'. So it is unlikely it will be picked up from my address if I need to return this for a full refund? I think that is so unfair 

Message 25 of 196
Latest reply

I think you will have to discuss the issue with the seller, and if they don't cooperate you can open a case and let eBay step in, but I don't know how it is in such cases. I guess the seller could arrange for the harp to be picked up by the courier, as it would be the same as a return label at the end of the day (they have to pay for return postage), but I never had to do it with a courier.

The first thing you should do is see what the seller has to say or what they suggest.

Message 26 of 196
Latest reply

I'm not happy with the quality of the harp either. There was dirty marks in the soundboard, couldn't tune to right pitch, different tension in each strings etc. Horrible harp. So prefer to get refund than replacement 

Message 27 of 196
Latest reply

When you open your case, do not mention that it's a horrible harp.

If it's not as described, then that's what the case is for - otherwise your opinion of the harp makes it a change of mind and the seller doesn't have to pay for return.

Give the seller a couple of days to reply.  If no reply then open the case.

Message 28 of 196
Latest reply

It is actually both. Not as described and faulty, as it can't be tuned to the pitch it is advertised

Message 29 of 196
Latest reply

'Faulty' is Not as Described

Message 30 of 196
Latest reply