Seller spamming = breach of policies? Apparently not.

Is this a breach of eBay's policies?

1.  I purchase a product on eBay (suppose the seller's name is ABCXYZ).

2.  I receive an email message at my personal email address notifying me that the product has been posted.  The email message is from orders@ABCXYZ.com.

3.  I now receive spam from ABCXYZ.com.

Obviously, eBay user ABCXYZ and the website ABCXYZ.com are connected.  The latter sent me the postal details.

How could ABCXYZ.com have obtained my email address from the eBay transaction?  (Note: my eBay email address is different to my Paypal address - they're not using my Paypal address.)

Regardless, isn't it a violation of eBay's policies for an eBay seller to take my personal email address and use it in off-eBay *unsolicited* marketing??

I've raised this with eBay several times, but the artificial intelligence that replies just tells me to change my preferences to opt out of marketing emails from *eBay*.  That's not even what I described!!  It could only be a computer program responding to my messages - the responses make no sense at all.

Anyway, none of the "people" I've reported this to seem the slightest bit concerned.  Apparently it's quite acceptable practice.

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Seller spamming = breach of policies? Apparently not.

Its still failing to this day. now 3rd party sellers can use ebays own messages (From:eBay) to send coupons with no limit and ebay does nothing to stop them. Id say its probably because they have their pockets lined from these guys.

Message 11 of 11
Latest reply