Seller will not let me pay with pay pal

I recently won an item (Midsomer Murders: The Complete Tom Barnaby Case Files Seasons 1-13) only to find that the seller has made it impossible for me pay. This is the only one on ebay and is located in N.S.W

I then got a message telling me I could only pay with bank deposit. They said I could pay pay with paypal, but I would need to pay approx $12.00 extra to cover the fee's. Taking the dvd set from $280 to $292

I message the seller and said I was not willing to pay the extra $12.00, the seller is now giving me the silent treatment.

I am happy to cancel, but I am sure they will wait and put in a non paying bidder aleart.

Any advise?

Message 1 of 28
Latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Re: Seller will not let me pay with pay pal

@cannalicious wrote:
Hi again, I am so sorry for starting numerous threads, I had no idea how this works, it is my first time. I will never do it again. I understand what a pain it is.
I have reported them, all ebay has done is make them take away the part in their listing about asking for the extra 4%
They are allowed to keep the part about only accepting bank deposit.
It is frustrating.

Sometimes it takes more than one go to get through to a CS rep that fully understands the nature of your complaint.

Keep it simple, should you try again, mention that the seller is offering PayPal and refusing it from Australian buyers, point out the specific policy that this contravenes, and you will probably get a bit further.....eventually.

(Just had a look at current listings - not sure how they've set up calculated postage the way they have, but I was obviously wrong about it being impossible to list without specifying postage costs to AU. It can be done by using the freight option, anyway, but I didn't know it could be done with calculated as well). 

Message 21 of 28
Latest reply

Hi digitalghost, thank you very much for your advice, I will do as you say and ring them again.
I am so glad you had a look at their other listings, I am not sure how they are doing it, but I would love to see it stopped, the way I see it, why should this one member be exempt from all the rules that every one else has to follow.
I will carry on, thanks again for your advice.

Message 22 of 28
Latest reply

Hi again Digital, thanks again for your help.

I just got off the phone with ebay and this time ( after 4 attempts) I had success.

I really do think it will work this time.

The person I spoke to told me that the seller was going against ebay policy and that they would be told to edit their listings or they would be removed.

I would not have tried ringing again if it was not for you, so many thanks

Even If I am not able to buy the dvd's I won, at least they will not be able to do this to some one else.

Regards

Message 23 of 28
Latest reply

There is nothing eBay can do to MAKE a seller sell if they choose not to.  If you want it and it is the only one offered for sale the choice is yours to buy or not.  End of story.   

Message 24 of 28
Latest reply

Yes, ebay said the same thing.
I will not be buying the item, I will wait for someone else to put one up for sale.
There will be more than one seller who will have this item.
Message 25 of 28
Latest reply

Why don't you just cancel it. I am sure the seller wont take it any further.
Message 26 of 28
Latest reply

No don't cancel it.  Let the buyer request you to cancel it and then refuse.  However because you have not paid for it I don't know that there is anything else that will result in any satisfaction for you.

Message 27 of 28
Latest reply

Don't cancel anything, if they send a cancellation request refuse iit as they deserve to have to pay the final value fees.

Re: Can't you get to an actual bank and use your credit card?

Not a good idea, making a payment over the counter at a bank counts as a cash payment so no card protection available.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 28 of 28
Latest reply