Seller with multiple listings for the same item which they only have 1 of

Hi all

I am the leading bidder on an item which originally had an option of bid or buy it now.

I have bid and am the only bidder thus cancelling out the buy it now, however the seller has relisted the same item multiple times with multiple buy it now totals or the option to bid with a higher starting bid price than my current bid.

Is there anything that can be done as this seems highly unethical.

Cheers

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

how do you know they only have the one item? do tell
Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

I asked if they had any others of the brand of sunnies not leading on I knew of the other listings, they replied they only have 1 pair.

I gathered they might be the same as they have the same pics, and each of them have only been 'worn once' and all are new without tags. Seems odd to have 3 of the same types of sunnies and have worn each of them once!

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

Maybe they mistakenly listed them twice more?   lol

Her'es the policy on duplicate listings - a lot of reading IMO and..................

ebay won't do a thing anyway

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/policies/listing-multi.html

Let's just hope you get your sunnies cheap. eh?

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

If they have been worn once then they are not new without tags, they are second hand. If they are second hand then the photo has to be of the actual item so cannot be used for more than one listing. If they are meant to be some 'designer' brand I would be completely sceptical about the listing and would not have bid in the first place. There are a lot of listings for fake sunnies, some of them are for copies that do not have the correct protection etc and can be dangerous to wear if you think you are protecting your eyes from the sun's rays.

If the listings are exactly the same then report them. Sellers are only allowed one auction and one BIN of the same item live at the same time.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

@kitten_tree wrote:

I asked if they had any others of the brand of sunnies not leading on I knew of the other listings, they replied they only have 1 pair.

I gathered they might be the same as they have the same pics, and each of them have only been 'worn once' and all are new without tags. Seems odd to have 3 of the same types of sunnies and have worn each of them once!

I really don't know whether the seller does have three pairs in total but the listing rules on ebay are that you can have one item up for auction and one Buy It Now for the identical item.

Once the auction item has a bid on it a second identical auction item can be listed.

If the seller by chance has three pairs then one BIN listing and two auction listings (with a bid on the first auction listing) is within ebay's listing rules.

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

I've said it before and I'll say it again - I reported someone who had the same

item up for auction 17 times!- one listed straight after the other.

Reported each one individually (16) each day for 3 days.

Ebay let them all go through for the 10 days til finished.

(Mind you, not one of them got a single bid)

What's the point of reporting multiple auctions?

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

What's the point of reporting multiple auctions?

There is only a point if you enjoy bashing your head against a brick wall stawka.   Some people just enjoy pain (and have plenty of time to waste).

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

Could be right there.

But the pain only starts when you stop..... angry smiley.gif .......now I have pain

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

Thank you for all the help, looks like reporting will do nothing so I am stuck waiting to see if the other listings which all end before my bid, pass through to the keeper.

Not happy about it but I just have to grin, bear it and wait as they are new designer (not big enough to be fakes yet) sunnies which are no longer produced and are being offered at a great price.

Hopefully karma works in my favour.

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply