Seller won't refund or post item.

Hi. I have purchased a PC for $740.

The seller messages me and asked for more money or he will cancel the order.

I told him he is free to cancel the order. He says he doesn't want to pay any eBay fees and won't cancel it.

He admits he won't post the item I paid for and won't offer a refund. I have all the messages to prove it. 

This seller may have a learning disability, I'm unable to have a conversation with him.

I see no option to contact eBay about this, and I can't cancel from my end. Please help.

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

You can open  a case for INR after the last day of the estimated delivery. When is the last day of the estimated delivery?

Considering your conversation with the seller and the fact that he said he won't post the item, you can also contact eBay now (live chat from the help page), and they might be able to do something.

Was it an auction and is the seller reluctant to accept your bid?

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Very cheeky seller!

If they're smart enough to list an item for sale on Ebay, they're smart enough to follow through with it. Sounds like this was an auction and they didn't get the price they were hoping for?

Can you give us the item number so we can take a look at the seller and see if they have a history of doing this.

You may have to open a case for Non Delivery, but that can only happen after a certain amount of time has passed.

At the bottom of every Ebay page there is a HELP section. 

If you click on that, it will take you to another page and at the bottom of that there is a "Contact Us" option.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

You can open  a case for INR after the last day of the estimated delivery. When is the last day of the estimated delivery?

Considering your conversation with the seller and the fact that he said he won't post the item, you can also contact eBay now (live chat from the help page), and they might be able to do something.

Was it an auction and is the seller reluctant to accept your bid?

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Very cheeky seller!

If they're smart enough to list an item for sale on Ebay, they're smart enough to follow through with it. Sounds like this was an auction and they didn't get the price they were hoping for?

Can you give us the item number so we can take a look at the seller and see if they have a history of doing this.

You may have to open a case for Non Delivery, but that can only happen after a certain amount of time has passed.

At the bottom of every Ebay page there is a HELP section. 

If you click on that, it will take you to another page and at the bottom of that there is a "Contact Us" option.

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Thank you for your help. I have contacted eBay and they are dealing with the seller. It was a buy it now item, seems eBay dropped the price 10% and he wasn't happy.

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

Thank you for your help, I followed your instructions. I have contacted eBay and they are dealing with the seller. It was a buy it now item, seems eBay dropped the price 10% and he wasn't happy.

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

Then he is a very silly seller.....if ebay gives a discount then they give that discount to the buyer from their own pocket.....the seller still gets the amount he listed the item for.

The other possibility is that the seller has just been put on managed payments and does not realise that the fees are taken out before the money goes to his bank account.

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

When you create a listing, there is the option of having the price reduce by (I think) 5% each time it relists, to encourage buyers. You usually need to opt out of it as the box is ticked. Sometimes, ebay kindly opts you back in and you don't often know until the item sells. Then you think, **bleep**??!!! It's happened to me twice, so now I take more notice when items auto relist. Mine were auctions, but I think the option is there for buy it now as well.

Another great ebay idea to enhance your selling experience.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

@pintar32 wrote:

This seller may have a learning disability, I'm unable to have a conversation with him.

If the seller has a disability or not,  it has nothing to do with this situation,   why is it that whenever people have an issue communicating with someone, we try to pull them down or discriminate against the,   This has absolutely nothing to do with the issue.

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

@sugar249 wrote:

@pintar32 wrote:

If the seller has a disability or not,  it has nothing to do with this situation,   why is it that whenever people have an issue communicating with someone, we try to pull them down or discriminate against the,   This has absolutely nothing to do with the issue.

Because these days, people love to play the disability card. Not necessarily for themselves, but on behalf of others. I have so many times seen someone defend someone else who is being completely unreasonable, saying you don't know their circumstances, how do you know they don't have autistic children? That has zero to do with someone being a pratt on a BSS site, when someone asks a question. Yet, I see it come up so often.

When you are a faceless name on a screen, I really don't give a hoot what your personal circumstances are. I just want to buy the thing you have for sale.

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

I totally do understand what you are saying and yeah reading it back myself I can see why you feel that.

I genuinely do believe he had a bit of a problem understand basics of eBay. He was under the belief he will be refunding me himself 700 out of pocket. I tried to explain to him eBay has the money just cancel the transaction. He seemed to think eBay was like gumtree or marketplace, cancel anytime he wanted and no fees. He didn't even know he had to pay fees for selling on eBay. He may of been a young child at the end of the day. Thanks.

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply