Seller won't reply to Warranty Query/Claim

fat232dog
Community Member

Hi All. What do you do?? I have emailed the seller 4 times about an item that has broken down and is repairable under warranty. Not one reply (even though they are always quick to reply when they want to be paid). There website has no phone number. Ebay have advised that they are a PArtner Seller and therefore, only a Supervisor can handle it. 3 Days later, the supervisor advises that they have had no reply either. Can't they just telephone them? Warning to all, these guys are Bad Ebayers. 

Am I allowed to disclose whom they are on these boards??

Message 1 of 24
Latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Re: Seller won't reply to Warranty Query/Claim

Last time I looked (which was a while ago) AGR had excellent feedback. They seem to be allowed a lot more feedback revisions than other seller and they also have a lot of neg feedback that just disappears into thin air. They look like a far better seller than they really are so I'm not surprised that people still buy from them.

photo screen-1-1-1-1.jpg
Message 11 of 24
Latest reply

Well I stand to be corrected, but as I read Australian consumer law, the seller is responsible for any problems with goods supplied and then they have to seek redress from the manufacturer.

Unless you bought directly from the manufacturer, the contract is with the seller, who you seek any remedy from.

This applies to anyone who buys goods for resale, it does not matter if the manufacturer is overseas, or the seller is an authorised reseller.  It is the sellers responsibility for any problems.

And the seller can't have any terms and conditions that void what you are intitled under the law.

However you have to take action your self, so contact your state fair trading/ consumer affairs, or

small claims court to  seek some form of redress.

Barrie

Message 12 of 24
Latest reply

I don't call 900 buyers if you add up the negs, neuts and revised feedback in 12 months good feedback!

As I also pointed out how many hundreds more had problems after the 60 day limit for leaving feedback?

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 13 of 24
Latest reply

fat232dog
Community Member

Apologies for the lsow reply - been away!

No the seller is based in NSW and begins with ADV and has a Corner in its shop!!

Still no reply from Seller or Ebay themselves, whom have on 4 separate occasions, promised to follow it up with a "Supervisor" and call me back within 24 hours. 

So, to date I have a dishonest and disreputable Seller whom sold me an Brand New product (Ice-machine) and want return my emails to discuss he Warranty Claim, and Ebay, whom own the world, refusing to help because the seller is one of their "Partner Sellers"!!

Who cares about the little guys??

Message 14 of 24
Latest reply

Fatdog,we know who the seller is.What you don't seem to understand is that they have multiple id's on ebay & a shocking reputation.

I can message you with their contact details if you want ie a REAL address & phone number.All ids are owned by the same company who have an ABN.

You won't be the 1st person to take these people to Fair Trading or whatever you decide to do-its more like,take a number & stand in line.:|

Message 15 of 24
Latest reply

It Amazes me that Ebay allows

AGR..... or Mills....

To continue trading just look at the reviews people are leaving on the internet ie Product review etc etc

They have a file as long as your arm at Fair trading... but still they keep selling dangerious and cheap rubbish

online via Ebay and other outlets with false advertising

Wake up Ebay if you are actively supporting such a poor excuse for a company it's your reputation that is suffering

as well.

Message 16 of 24
Latest reply

You are posting on a 2 yer old thread and nothing has changed.

So far ithey have done ebay no real harm....they can do it to themselves without any help from AGR or any other seller.

Message 17 of 24
Latest reply

I think it is extremely poor of ebay to allow sellers to offer a warranty knowing full well they want honour it. These sellers are Selling items that must meet consumer guidelines and yet are quick to hound you if you don't pay I SAY REMOVE THESE SELLERS
Message 18 of 24
Latest reply

DO NOT BUY VERY DANGEROUS
Pure Sine Wave power inverter FROM THIS SELLER
SELLER : REMOVED
New message:
Pure Sine Wave power inverter warrenty to: REMOVED
ITEM number REMOVED
The unit is Faulty, voltage drops out and will not work It want even a charge my laptop, burnt out our fridge.
And seller want respond to warranty claim only 3 months old
With a 2 year warranty
Yet they are quick to respond if it is not positive feedback left

Ebay needs to address issues that relate to warranty claims.

Message 19 of 24
Latest reply

..................sigh, you've dragged up a 5 1/2 year old thread, nothing has changed - nor will it for sellers registered overseas.

Caveat Emptor. 

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 20 of 24
Latest reply