Seller won't send invoice for combined postage

diane_k
Community Member

Hello everyone,

I won six games via auction on Friday and Saturday. I contacted the seller beforehand asking them if they combined postage on mulitple items which they said did. I requested the invoice on Saturday night after the auction but have not received it yet. I then sent another message on Monday reminding them to send it and have still not received a response. 

My problem is that I have now received 6 unpaid item disputes open on the games and have until Friday and Saturday to pay before the case will be closed and I get reprimanded by Ebay for not paying. 

Is there anything I can do if they don't send the invoice? Shipping is $28.40 standard post for the six items before combined postage. We're both in Melbourne so the price is fairly high and I don't want to pay that much and would not have bid on the items had the seller not said that they would combine postage. 

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 35
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Stick to your guns.

They combine postage - you have proof of that in your emails.

Contact eBay - by phone - they can check the emails.

They then will contact the seller.

Don't worry about the unpaid thingys - I would not pay either until I received the combined invoice.

Try emailing the seller again - saying they have already said they will combine - ask again for a combined  invoice.

Further info for eBay.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 35
Latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

Stick to your guns.

They combine postage - you have proof of that in your emails.

Contact eBay - by phone - they can check the emails.

They then will contact the seller.

Don't worry about the unpaid thingys - I would not pay either until I received the combined invoice.

Try emailing the seller again - saying they have already said they will combine - ask again for a combined  invoice.

Further info for eBay.

Message 2 of 35
Latest reply

Sounds like you are doing the right thing.  As Helen5839 suggested, contact ebay by phone.  You might want to ask for a 'call back' to avoid being put on hold forever.

Also, it seems the seller has their settings so that when a buyer doesn't pay by day 4, an automatic 'unpaid item dispute' is opened.  I actually don't thinnk that is a good idea as a seller, unless you are absolutely on top of messages and payments.  However, it can work if you are a large volume seller.

Message 3 of 35
Latest reply

There are 2 combined postage scenarios offered in eBay.

1. Seller combines all items into one package for the buyer.

2. Seller combines all items into one package and gives buyer a discount on postage.

In this case, whether I agree or not, the seller may have offered combined postage into one package.

Never assume, it is up to the buyer to ask if a seller combines postage and reduces postage cost.

image host
Message 4 of 35
Latest reply

Good point to note - Combined Postage does not necessarily mean Discounted Combined Postage.

Message 5 of 35
Latest reply

kope how does  no1   help the buyer   at all.

it only helps the seller , 

surely asking a seller for  combined postage and the seller said yes ,would have to be some sort of discount . i mean buying 6 small articles  for a start 6 games would go into a 3kg bag easily , 

Message 6 of 35
Latest reply

That is the whole point Joe.

Unless the seller offers discounted combined postage they are not obliged to give any discount.

Message 7 of 35
Latest reply

You're right Joe

Seller has fb of almost 245,000.

I think they have minions who have dropped the ball on this one

Message 8 of 35
Latest reply

well i think the seller is a bit rude  saying yes we combine postage,   i am sure the seller knew what the buyer was asking for.

Message 9 of 35
Latest reply

as far as ebay is concerned, combining postage means putting all the items in the same parcel.  Unless discounted postage is offered the seller is not obliged to do anything else.

Message 10 of 35
Latest reply