Sellers have all the power

Hi all.

Most sellers are not going to like this rant but like dishonest buyers there are too many dishonest sellers out there.

This is the end result of a recent dispute with one such seller:

Seller is untrustworthy, this sort of problem is happening too often on Ebay - it is starting to give Ebay a bad name and rightly it should.
Sellers are using EBay's terms of return against buyers by holding off to the last minute in replying to buyers or other stalling tactics which results in going past the 45 day threshold thereby making it impossible to start a dispute and losing any chance of redress. Also, sellers can send any **bleep** they want to buyers resulting in a dispute or requiring the return of an item, under EBay's policy, for inspection and/or refund AT THE BUYERS COST which ultimately costs MORE than the item, leaving the buyer with nothing but a debt and the seller with the item back to sell to another unknowing buyer to be ripped off.

Now in this instance I received the item just before the 45 days expired but it still didnt come with all the agreed items so I needed to vent my frustrations.

Message 1 of 24
Latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Re: Sellers have all the power

Stuff them!
You still have the goods yes?
So what's the problem?
If you are getting that stuffed around just cancel it.
Pretty simple really, you have proof they are mucking you around and once the buyer has agreed to purchase from you and don't come through then they are the idiots.
I don't know what the rules are for Ebay but it is law in NZ that if you have hit buy now or accepted the amount you own it.
The only recourse though is you get suspended from the site, mind you they could take you to court I suppose.
There should be a tabled arrangement actually where the more you trade you are required to deposit money into an account to keep you honest so if you renege on a deal you are then financially held accountable.

Message 21 of 24
Latest reply

It's not that simple.

They can still leave negative feedback and bad dsr's, even if the transaction/s have been cancelled, and it's not always so simple to get them removed.

Message 22 of 24
Latest reply

Not according to this experienced eBayer.....

http://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Buying/cpu-water-cooling-pump-and-reservoir/td-p/1611720/jump-to/fir...

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 23 of 24
Latest reply

@2106greencat wrote:

Not according to this experienced eBayer.....

http://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Buying/cpu-water-cooling-pump-and-reservoir/td-p/1611720/jump-to/fir...

Time for a wine.

They are not the only in pain & suffering.

Message 24 of 24
Latest reply