Sellers should put "Registered Post" as option for buyers

As i have had problems with mail in the past not showing up, i have learned to get all my purchases sent to me via registered post. 
Problem with Ebay tho, is that most sellers do not list items with the option of registered post. So, you gotta send an email asking if they will send it and how much via registered post, and wait for an answer. If you buy, then you have to send a payment request to the seller, and wait again for the invoice. So, the waiting time in most cases, is absurd. Some sellers, i have found, i waited for over a week for a reply. Which in the meantime, i brought from another seller, but i had to send them a email asking the same thing and waiting for reply yet again. 
Ebay should make it compulsory for all sellers to list all options available to buyers in regards of postage. I have asked Ebay directly, but they just sent a whole page worth of reading,  to which i just deleted, which basically just said no!
Sellers might find they would sell more products if they done this. 
If it's pickup only, then fair enough. Im just gettin tired of sending emails out, waiting for replies and not receiving items if i dont find out about registered post. It's almost useless on here now. Years ago, sellers gave the options and extra prices in listings for registered post, but have gotten slack over the years. 
Anyway, i thought of putting this out there, hopefully you all agree with this, and Ebay sees you agree then they might change it to make it better for us buyers

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Good Morning starymidnight,

I'm not sure if you are aware, but Registered Post is now only available for letters. Australia Post had a bit of an overhaul a few months back, and the Registered Post service is nolonger offered for parcels.

All parcels are now sent with tracking as part of the new structure, and there is the option to upgrade from the standard service to incluse Signature on delivery and Insurance. You must select SOD to be eligible to purchase insurance, however you can opt for SOD which at the moment, according to policy will avail you to $100 of insurance inclusive. (I'll wait for Cat's PJ to come al;ong and expand on that, as it is one of her areas of expertise)

Apparently, according to Aust Post, the standard service promises to deliver your parcel from point A to point B.

If you read around the boards, you will find varying experiences with the new *cough*services*cough* implemeted by Australia Post as it seems that whilst these programs are still in their infancy, they continue to experience many teething problems.

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

Hi Starymidnite76

Crickey*mate is correct in that since 8 April 2013 all parcels presented over the counter at a post office receive tracking as a standard feature. 

More information about our parcel post service can be found here: http://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/parcel-post.html

If you are experiencing problems with the delivery of your mail, we would be happy to investigate this. If you would like us to look into this please contact us on Twitter @auspost, through our Facebook page, or by completing this form: http://auspo.st/17dB7oi

I hope this information has been helpful.

Regards  

Paul S

Australia Post eBay Team Member

Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

Yes it has tracking

but it's not REAL tracking

try using it or claiming 😞

Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

@crikey, insurance is an optional extra to signature on delivery, unless purchased via click & send apparently, where it does have $100 insurance (max - insurance on other parcels can be up to $5000).

To put it as simply as possible, however, I don't believe eBay should make it compulsory for all sellers to offer all postal services, because what suits a (or some) buyer(s) does not necessarily suit all sellers, and it is the sellers who are the ones that decide which services they can  and/or are prepared to offer by default. Of course, buyer needs can influence those decisions, but they can not always dictate them. Some sellers do not even send their items via Australia Post, so to make such a thing compulsory would mean allowing eBay to dictate and enforce business practices which they have no right to, and are not suitable for every seller. 

You have every right to request registered post, and IMO it would be a very silly seller to deny that request (and an even sillier one that takes a week to reply), but it is not something that can be forced to be offered by default. 

Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

I try to offer registered or 'sign on delivery' post on every item (unless I slip up).

The problem is when sending letter mail is - there's nothing to click on your eBay page for registered letter mail (there has been quite a few complaints about that).  

I finish up clicking 'AP regular parcel registered' (which looks ridiculous to me when it's a letter), although there is quite a difference in cost between a 'registered letter' & 'sign on delivery parcel'.

It's funny that eBay has left the 'AP regular parcel registeredpost on the list & taken off the 'AP regular registered post', which was below the standard mail in the list.

Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Fred's right. Tracking doesn't work if the seller doesn't keep their bit of the sticky label. I have received  reg mail with sender's bit still intact and more than once have checked tracking number to find it was listed as being in local mail centre ready for sorting, but I got it the day before! And I didn't sign for it - it was in my letter box. Yes I complained, but it keeps happening.

Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

@australiapoststore wrote:

Hi Starymidnite76

Crickey*mate is correct in that since 8 April 2013 all parcels presented over the counter at a post office receive tracking as a standard feature. 

Paul S

Australia Post eBay Team Member

*proud lookin*

Spoiler
so where's my kudos then?

*cheeky grin*

runs.gif

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

There you are, happy nowSmiley Happy

Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

Please don't inflate her ego any further than it currently is.

Message 10 of 17
Latest reply