Selllers not sending items

vk3xem
Community Member

I have just had 4 claims paid for Chinese sellers not sending items and a 5th claim in progress for the same reason.

I can't be the only buyer being scammed by these sellers, the question I have to ask what is eBay doing to stamp this out?

Message 1 of 27
Latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Let us know the story eBay give you when you contact them

In truth, they will not do anything about sellers in China

BUT buyers can choose not to buy from such sellers in the first place

You can also leave such sellers neg feedback if you choose

Message 2 of 27
Latest reply

Due to the virus, items are currently taking anything from 6-12 weeks from China going by the estimated delivery dates being shown in eBay listings.

image host
Message 3 of 27
Latest reply

Have you not paid any attention to the news. International shipping is weeks behind and that is not the sellers fault. 

Latest reply

cezm
Community Member

A others have said shipping is delayed due to the virus

You have not been scammed - you got your money back.

Hopefully you will repay the sellers once/if your items arrive

Message 5 of 27
Latest reply

How do you know they have not sent the items? I had items arrive from China and then held in Sydney for almost 3 months before being sent on to me.  Have you not heard about the postal delays due to Coronavirus?

Message 6 of 27
Latest reply

@shoppingbag* wrote:
n reply to vk3xem

How do you know they have not sent the items? I had items arrive from China and then held in Sydney for almost 3 months before being sent on to me.  Have you not heard about the postal delays due to Coronavirus?

Good point!  I had to wait for at least 6 weeks for an item from a non-eBay seller to arrive. I'm now over six weeks waiting.for an item from an eBay seller in the US. My post office lady tells that this is normal and some people have been waiting for up to three months for their items. So waiting for an item from China could be whenever!

That's why I started this thread below..

With Corona affecting postage Ebay should go back to 3 months time to leave feedback instead of 2

It used to be 3 months a ways back in the 2000s. Over the last few years I have had some difficult-to-deal-with sellers, and to get a problem reciified it has taken a long time. At least three have taken a very very long time. Two of them took longer than two months to resolve.

Now we have this viirus problem, some postal services have slowed down. A non eBay transaction had to be cancelled and me refunded. It was from the UK. Then last week, 3 days off of 2 months, the item arrived. I have informed seller and will refund later this week.

So, in light of what is going on, I think eBay should change it back to 3 months  instead of  the current 2 months to leave feedback. What are your thoughts?

https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Buying/With-Corona-affecting-postage-Ebay-should-go-back-to-3-month...

BTW: It was May 2008 when eBay lessened the allotted FB time from 3 to 2 months.

Message 7 of 27
Latest reply

Spruiking your own (flogged to death) topic in another unrelated one? That's pretty lame.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 8 of 27
Latest reply

@tazzieterror wrote:
Spruiking your own (flogged to death) topic in another unrelated one? That's pretty lame.

Not the case as such. Actually, I would give newbie vk3xem  a bit more of an idea of what is going on as well as hopefully some avenues to explore.

@shoppingbag* wrote:

As you can see with the above post by shoppingbag*, we are experiencing some delays which are longer than the time currently alotted to leave feedback.

And I'm allowed to post a link here.

Message 9 of 27
Latest reply

That "newbie" has been on eBay longer than you, and given they've just had four claims paid out in their favour, seem to be having no trouble finding avenues to explore.

The topic has nothing to do with leaving feedback.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 10 of 27
Latest reply