Senders no longer sending to Parcel Lockers/PO Boxes?

Hi,

Has anyone noticed recently that some sellers are no longer letting you use a Parcel Locker address for delivery? I'm talking about sellers that I have purchased things through previously, numerous times, and have used a Parcel Locker address. I've had two recently where I go to buy, and it tells me 'something is wrong' and that 'seller does not send to PO Boxes', and wants me to change it to my home address.

I'm wondering if it is somehow tied into Afterpay now being an option to pay with? The thing is, I'm not selecting afterpay, I'm using PayPal as normal. One seller, I had to message back and forth and they asked me to put it through the home address, and they updated the address on their internal system. Other one, I've just messaged asking why it has changed when I have purchased before. Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this as it's going to be annoying if I have to message the seller when this occurs asking for an exemption...

Message 1 of 23
Latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: Senders no longer sending to Parcel Lockers/PO Boxes?

Of the two sellers so far, one just advised that they would change the address on their internal system, and said it was being sent out via Royal Mail Air Mail, which is the same service they have used previously. The other seller has yet to respond after I queried why it had changed when I had used the address with them previously.
Message 11 of 23
Latest reply

nickpeh
Community Member

All my sellers (australia and china) are not able to send to my Australian Parcel Locker address? I think ebay broken some setting. Any idea what happened with this? I'll wait a few more days until someone figures it out and fixes this. 

Message 12 of 23
Latest reply

nickpeh
Community Member

I temporary fixed my problem, i changed the shipping address to the Parcel COLLECT xxxx1234xx address option, and I will now have to collect item from the post office shop counter. On another message board they suggested to wait a few days and the parcel locker address problem will eventually be fixed.  

Message 13 of 23
Latest reply

Not all sellers are agreeable to sending to PO Boxes and Parcel Lockers.

If they block sending to those addresses there is nothing ebay or anyone else can do about it no matter how long you wait.

Message 14 of 23
Latest reply

We send a lot of our sales via regular post and most buyers do not realise that AusPost will not accept regular mail items for delivery to a Parcel Collect address.  Rather AusPost will simply return the item to sender which can take a month or so.

In the meantime the buyer blames the sender for non-receipt and lodges an INR claim.

Message 15 of 23
Latest reply

@porcelain_dolls_by_me wrote:

We send a lot of our sales via regular post and most buyers do not realise that AusPost will not accept regular mail items for delivery to a Parcel Collect address.  Rather AusPost will simply return the item to sender which can take a month or so.

In the meantime the buyer blames the sender for non-receipt and lodges an INR claim.

I'm a bit confused by this. Hasn't been my experience. Why wouldn't they deliver to their own parcel lockers? I've had no issue posting to parcel lockers via AP. Perhaps I have misunderstood you?

Edit: oops you said parcel collect. What is parcel collect?

Message 16 of 23
Latest reply

Parcel collect is similar to a parcel locker.

As is indicated in their titles, they are supposed to be for parcels only. Not letters.

Message 17 of 23
Latest reply

Quite simply because AusPost charge about $100 a year for a private post box.  A Parcel Locker address is free so Australia Post does not want to undermine the business of renting Post Box's

Message 18 of 23
Latest reply

@porcelain_dolls_by_me wrote:

Quite simply because AusPost charge about $100 a year for a private post box.  A Parcel Locker address is free so Australia Post does not want to undermine the business of renting Post Box's

Okay so letters can't be sent to parcel lockers. Makes sense now. Thank you. I wasn't aware. An important piece of information. So if the buyer only has a parcel locker as their primary shipping address, that could be a problem if they are not aware also. Wow. I kind of float along thinking I have a handle on pack & post and something like this that I should have been aware of, I missed

Message 19 of 23
Latest reply

I send letters to them anyway. I haven't had any returns, negs or INRs, so I assume the buyers have redirection in place for non-parcels.

I read somewhere on here that letters will be held at the counter of a Parcel Locker PO, but I have no idea of the accuracy of that info.

Message 20 of 23
Latest reply