Settings

prlr52
Community Member

Why have my settings changed? When I go to search it has always been within 500 klms of melbourne and now it is Australia wide. I keep trying to change it back but it won't respond.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Settings

I have the same issue. I search close to home so I can pickup large items. My distance setting is not working I even have items from overseas. eBay help has not fixed the problem, in fact at times I do not think they understand the problem !!!

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Settings

I had a look at what it is on mine and saw it is set to what they call a default setting.

I can't find any information on what that is, but it seems to be items from anywhere at all in the world.

I don't think mine has ever been set as 500 km from home.

One of the problems on ebay (or in my opinion it is) is that you can't tick one of their distance options and set it as your default. You can certainly choose a distance option (or Australia only) and it might work for that item but then as soon as you look up something else, back it goes to a worldwide search.

Rocki*1 is correct, the distance setting isn't working properly.

I tried mine out at 25km from home. It got the first item right, but by the third, I had an item from interstate and soon after, some from China!

I realise that sometimes there may not be anything within 25km or only one or two things, but surely ebay could draw a line underneath them , with a caption-here are some listings from further away.

If I specify items within 25km, I am really not interested in being shown things from China.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Settings

I suddenly have the same issue, although I didn't have it a few days ago. ๐Ÿ˜ž

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Settings

Maybe it is just one of those ebay glitches that comes and goes. We can hope, anyway!

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply